Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Performance Test Engineer - Remote
*We are open to supporting 100% remote work anywhere within the US.*
ICF’s Digital Modernization division is a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial, technology driven department, seeking a motivated Senior Test Engineer to support upcoming needs with our federal customer.
At ICF, our Senior Performance Test Engineers help support the mission, business, and operational needs of our customers. ICF’s Performance Test Engineers work on a wide variety of different programs to support diverse customer mission areas.
Our Senior Performance Test Engineers participate in Agile sprint teams and develops new performance test scripts to execute across various environments to test load, stress, and stability. In addition, assist with automated testing to discover regressions and defects during development.
You will be part of an established team supporting our General Services Administration (GSA) client in Washington, DC. The ICF team at GSA performs custom software development to modernize the legacy platform into a cloud platform using modular design standards. The team works closely with clients and other contractors to ensure the performance and reliability of public-facing, mission-critical applications.
- Enhance our performance, stress, and load testing framework, scripts, and test suites using client accepted tools (sitespeed.io, NeoLoad, and Gatling)
- Develop testing with Gatling to enhance user experience, identify slow loading pages, and recommend remediation. Review reporting with management and client.
- Experience creating, maintaining, and execution of Docker portable containers and configurations
- Demonstrable experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS) for automated, performance, and stress testing and auto scaling of AWS
- Work with the test team to design, develop, implement, and maintain our test automation framework that serves multiple project needs using web-based Java applications and Selenium
- Deploy test automation to continuous integration (CI) environment and to ensure that test results are delivered and reviewed by the testing and development team
- Participate in Agile ceremonies such as sprint planning and work with the project team to identify risks/impacts in the system to be tested
- Perform various types of testing including manual, automated, ad-hoc, smoke, and regression testing on web services and applications
- Proficient knowledge of established software development life cycles
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience with a Selenium-based automated test framework. Also have experience with creating, maintaining, and enhancing an automated test framework.
- 5+ years experience of direct QA experience for full end-to-end implementation including independent creation of test cases, test validation, requirements review, Regression testing and UAT support
- 5 or more years of solid, demonstrable experience in various types of testing including manual, automated, ad-hoc, smoke, and regression testing on web services and applications
- Experience with CI tools such as Jenkins and GitHub (working knowledge of Puppet)
- Experience with Performance tools such as, Protractor, Jasmine, and Karma
- Experience in load and performance testing (NeoLoad, Sitespeed.io, Gatling, JMeter)
- Green Card Holder or US Citizenship required due to federal contract requirement
- Must be able to obtain Public Trust clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent Strong Analytical skills
- Preferred Tools and Technologies: Selenium, Jenkins, Java,
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Remote Office (DC99)