Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior NEPA Project Manager
Senior NEPA Project Manager - Offshore Wind and Other Renewable Energy Projects
ICF is seeking a Senior National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) Project manager to support our growing offshore wind portfolio. We are the Environment & Planning Division of ICF. We are passionate about doing what’s right for our clients, our people, the communities where we live and work, and the environment. We are planners, scientists, program managers, communicators, economists, technologists, and strategists. We are collaborative, curious, and committed to excellence—these are qualities we value that make us who we are and inspire us to grow.
The primary duties of the Senior Project Manager are to manage the environmental compliance process for National Environmental Policy Act [NEPA]) and serve as a primary point of contact with local, state and federal government clients, as well as private sector clients such as renewable energy developers, and commercial, residential, and industrial developers, and engineering companies.
What You Will Do
- Serve as a project manager on large complex environmental compliance documents for renewable energy projects, overseeing the preparation of documents, reports, presentations, technical memoranda, and other work products.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of NEPA, including staying up to date on case law and providing support on complex projects in order to accurately advise clients.
- Write proficiently with ability to manage multiple project schedules with competing deadlines and budget constraints.
- Interface directly with key clients and help build and maintain great relationships.
- Assist with business development and contribute to identifying new leads, writing proposals and bookings.
- Manage and author deliverables.
- Mentor less experienced staff.
- Strictly adhere to professional standards, including but not limited to demonstrating consistency and reliability, timeliness in meeting project deadlines, close watch and control over project budgets, and maintaining clear and concise communication.
What You Need to Have
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in urban planning, transportation/transit planning, environmental studies, or related field. (Master’s Degree in a related field desirable).
- 12+years of related professional work experience.
- Project management experience on larger project environmental impact analyses for renewable energy, transportation/transit, and water infrastructure projects is preferred.
- Experience preparing and managing high-quality NEPA documents for federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Experience obtaining environmental permits, reviewing technical studies such as those addressing biological resources, cultural resources, air quality, noise, and hydrology.
- Business development experience and willingness to engage in business development (client outreach, proposals, interviews, etc.).
- Strong work ethic with a positive attitude and thrives in a team-oriented setting.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of environmental planning and related fields.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience interfacing with external clients, members of the general public, and government officials.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong project management skills, including ability to take and give direction, stay organized, and manage time effectively.
- Commitment to overseeing preparation of high-quality work within established budgets and schedules.
- Ability to exercise tact and courtesy working with internal staff.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. Learn more about what we dohttps://www.icf.com/ and our commitment to inclusionhttps://www.icf.com/company/about/diversity-inclusion.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$110,037.00 - $187,064.00
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)