Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Mitigation and Resilience Analyst - Remote
Do you have a passion for helping implement projects that make communities more resilient to climate change?
ICF's Disaster Management (DM) Division seeks a Senior Mitigation and Resilience Analyst who will support exciting projects nation-wide related to state and local hazard mitigation grant programs, floodplain management, and hazard mitigation/resilience planning. The Disaster Management Division works with government agencies and communities to design and implement policies and programs to promote increased resilience to disasters and long-term housing, economic and infrastructure recovery after disaster strikes. Our functional expertise is in program management and operations, planning and preparedness, technical assistance and training, strategic communications and outreach, compliance and monitoring, and performance measurement and evaluation. Primary clients include states and localities administering HUD and FEMA funded disaster recovery and hazard mitigation programs, and we are swiftly expanding to cover the American Rescue Plan Act, COVID-19 relief programs, and funds appropriated through the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law. The DM division often works in close collaboration with ICF experts across the firm on related issues such as climate adaptation, environmental planning, water resources, data analytics, energy efficiency and green building, and infrastructure. All our work is done in a professional, collaborative, and engaging environment that allows individuals pursue their passions and generate results.
This professional position will have multi-faceted responsibilities related to client engagement and state and local program management activities related to community resilience. The successful candidate will provide support our clients with services related to hazard mitigation, grant management, federal compliance, and National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) floodplain management regulations. ICF seeks a self-starter individual that will work alongside colleagues and clients to deliver quality projects and programs.
This is a remote-based position with preferred locations in Florida. The ideal candidate must be able to travel up to 30% as needed.
• Support ICF’s hazard mitigation practice, specifically projects related to FEMA’s Hazard Mitigation Assistance Programs, HUD’s CDBG-DR and Mitigation Programs, and various state hazard mitigation and resilience programs.
• Provide policy and program management services for our client’s grant-funded projects associated with hazard mitigation, resilience, and natural resources.
• Assist with business development activities, including supporting special initiatives, market research, and professional development.
• Develop written products and tools for policies, program design and implementation, including the development of standard operating procedures (SOPs). • Analyze data, research information, review documents, and develop reports and presentations.
• Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, engineering, planning, public administration, business, finance, or related field.
• 3+ years’ experience working in fields related to environmental resource management.
• Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check. • Ability to travel up to 30% as needed based on current and prospective clients.
• Master’s degree in environmental science, engineering, planning, public administration, business, finance, or related field.
• Grant management experience for complex water resources and/or infrastructure projects.
• Experience in benefit-cost analysis, loss avoidance assessment, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and FEMA’s Hazus loss estimation program. • ASFPM Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM).
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of individuals.
• Ability to formulate creative and strategically oriented approaches and solutions.
• Demonstrated success in project execution and maintaining client relationships.
• Superb technical writing, critical thinking, time management, and organizational skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and systems of record tools such as Salesforce and Smartsheet.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Florida Remote Office (FL99)