Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Mitigation and Resilience Analyst - Remote
ICF's Disaster Management (DM) Division seeks a Senior Mitigation and Resilience Analyst to support exciting projects nation-wide related to federal hazard mitigation grant programs, floodplain management, and hazard mitigation/resilience planning. The Disaster Management Division works with government agencies and communities to design and implement policies and programs to promote increased resilience to disasters and long-term housing, economic and infrastructure recovery after disaster strikes. Our functional expertise is in program management and operations, planning and preparedness, technical assistance and training, strategic communications and outreach, compliance and monitoring, and performance measurement and evaluation. Primary clients include states and localities administering HUD and FEMA funded disaster recovery and hazard mitigation programs, and we are swiftly expanding to cover the American Rescue Plan Act, COVID-19 relief programs, and funds appropriated through the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law. The DM division often works in close collaboration with ICF experts across the firm on related issues such as climate adaptation, environmental planning, water resources, data analytics, energy efficiency and green building, and infrastructure. All our work is done in a professional, collaborative, and engaging environment that allows individuals pursue their passions and generate results.
This mid-level position will have multi-faceted responsibilities related to client management, technical delivery, and mentoring of junior staff. The successful candidate will serve as a task lead and deputy project manager for state and local work related to FEMA and HUD hazard mitigation grant applications, program and grant management, benefit-cost analysis, implementation planning, and National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) floodplain management regulations. ICF seeks a team-oriented individual and will work alongside colleagues and clients to deliver quality projects and programs.
This is a remote-based position with preferred locations in Florida or the Mid-Atlantic. The idea candidate must be able to travel up to 20% as needed based on current and prospective clients.
• Support ICF’s hazard mitigation practice, specifically projects and program management related to FEMA’s Hazard Mitigation Assistance (HMA) grant programs and HUD’s CDBG-DR and CDBG-MIT programs.
• Task lead for local-level grant application development of eligible, technically feasible, cost-effective, and EHP-compliant hazard mitigation projects.
• Task lead for local-level FEMA and HUD grant management contracts for a variety of mitigation projects, ranging from acquisition/demolition, to elevation, to critical infrastructure.
• Assist with client management and ensure that ICF’s services exceed client expectations. • Develop written deliverables, products, and tools to support hazard mitigation planning and program management, including mitigation strategies, risk assessments, planning documents, and standard operating procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Public and/or Environmental Policy, Business, or similar field
• 3+ years’ experience with either FEMA Hazard Mitigation Assistance (HMGP/FMA/BRIC) or HUD CDBG – DR/MIT programs, including grant application development and grant management.
• 3+ years’ experience developing risk and vulnerability assessments, benefit-cost analysis, and hazard mitigation or long-term recovery strategies.• 3+ years of experience leading and participating in stakeholder engagement, outreach, and community meetings.
• Master’s degree in Planning, Public and/or Environmental Policy, Business, or similar field
• Grant management experience for complex infrastructure projects
• Experience in benefit-cost analysis, loss avoidance assessment, and the NFIP Community Rating System (CRS)
• Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and FEMA’s Hazus Program • ASFPM Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, critical thinking skills, and integrity, and ethics.
• Ability to collaborate with others to meet tight deadlines and deliver quality work products.
• Ability to manage complex projects and tasks.
• Ability to formulate creative and strategically oriented approaches and solutions, demonstrated success in project execution and maintaining client relationships.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Florida Remote Office (FL99)