Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Media Trainer (Remote)
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Here’s your chance to join our award-winning agency, ICF Next. We’re changemakers, a community of mission driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists. We’re searching for our next Senior Media Trainer. This role requires a public affairs and/or media relations background with executive level experience in conducting media training and coaching.
Strong candidates will have experience serving as an in-house or contracted trainer developing modules and materials, leading sessions, and measuring performance. Experience supporting government communications operations is highly preferred. If you are passionate about empowering spokespersons, strategic communications, working with the media, and have the requisite prior experience, we'd love to talk to you. This is an exciting role offering excellent opportunities to work in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
- Lead media training and coaching sessions with senior executives, leaders, SMEs, and public affairs specialists.
- Develop and execute pre-training surveys, training modules, presentation materials, practical exercises, post-training surveys, and leave behind materials.
- Identify new business opportunities.
- Collaborate with internal colleagues and other public relations and consulting firms.
- Collaborate with ICF Next’s Media Relations Practice leader to expand the capacity of team members to conduct trainings.
- Stay apprised and implement best practices and innovations in coaching and technical assistance.
- Collaborate with colleagues to create external communications plans that align with and complement vertical plans in the marketing, public relations, and branding spaces.
- BS/BA in Marketing, PR, Journalism, or related field.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of public relations and/or media relations experience with an emphasis on media training.
- U.S. citizenship required (Required by Federal government for the position).
- Must be willing to travel to client offices as required
- Excellent communication skills, especially verbal.
- Strong project management and presentation skills.
- Strong research and organizational abilities.
- Self-starter, with ability to independently manage tasks and handle multiple priorities.
- Experience leading the implementation of media training programs for executives, subject matter experts, and communications/public affairs specialists.
- Experience playing a senior role in developing strategies, planning, and implementing comprehensive public relations and media relations activities and campaigns.
- Able to work with client and project team members.
- Knowledge of public relations, and integrated media
- PR agency, journalism, corporate or government agency experience.
- Experience mentoring and/or supervising media relations or public relations specialists.
Job Location(s): This position can be located in either ICF’s Fairfax, VA or Rockville, MD office. This position can also be located in a remote setting.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)