Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Media Affairs Specialist | Hybrid
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Here’s your chance to join our award-winning agency, ICF Next. We’re changemakers, a community of mission driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists.
We’re searching for our next Senior Media Affairs Specialist. This role requires a public affairs or media relations background in the public sector and will focus on communications related activities that support the U.S. Department of Education, as well as other federal, state and local programs.
Strong candidates will have experience supporting clients with planning and executing successful media relations campaigns and demonstrated capabilities writing communications materials for both internal and external audiences. Experience supporting government communications operations is highly preferred. If you are passionate about building strategic communications, working with the media, establishing thought leadership and community engagement plans, and have the requisite prior experience, we'd love to talk to you. This is an exciting role offering excellent opportunities to work in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
Job Location(s): This position is located in either ICF’s Fairfax, VA (soon to be Reston) or Rockville, MD office in a hybrid telework arrangement.
- Develops regular reports that are key to media relations and public affairs programs
- Provide recommendations to the client related to media coverage of primary and secondary public education
- Produce national, regional, trade and targeted media lists
- Develop communications materials in support of new or expanding programs and initiatives, including fact sheets, press releases and advisories, videos, toolkits, talking points and other communications products
- Collaborate with colleagues to create external communications plans that align with and complement vertical plans in the marketing and branding space
- BS/BA in Marketing, PR, Journalism, or related field
- Minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated experience
- 1 plus years’ experience assisting in the research, planning, and strategic development of a comprehensive public relations, outreach and awareness campaign
- 1 plus years of experience working with clients
- Knowledge of public relations, and integrated media
Preferred Skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills, especially written.
- Strong research and organizational abilities, including interpreting large volume of data, presenting to clients with confidence and meeting deadlines.
- PR agency, journalism, corporate or government agency experience preferred.
- Self-starter, with ability to independently manage tasks and handle multiple priorities.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Reston, VA (VA30)