Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Managing Consultant, Disaster Management
ICF's Disaster Management Division seeks an experience Senior Managing Consultant who will support projects nationwide related to hazard mitigation grant programs, floodplain management, and hazard mitigation/resilience planning. The Disaster Management Division works with government entities and communities to design and implement policies and programs to promote increased resilience to disasters and long-term housing, economic and infrastructure recovery. Clients include states and localities administering HUD and FEMA-funded programs. We work in close collaboration with ICF experts on related issues such as climate resilience, energy efficiency and green building, infrastructure, financial literacy, and workforce development. Our work is performed in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals to pursue their passions and generate results.
This professional position is responsible for executing state and local program management activities, anticipating and meeting the client’s needs, and strategically positioning the ICF’s resources and expertise to grow our practice. ICF seeks a team-oriented individual and will work alongside colleagues and clients to deliver quality projects and programs. The successful candidate must have the abilities and skills to coordinate opportunities and capabilities across and in partnership with other ICF Divisions and programs.This is an outstanding opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success. ICF is a purpose driven company with a strong culture and underlying values that prize diversity, opportunity, equality, and respect. Our core values include Embracing Differences, and we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces and hires dimensions of differences.
This is a remote-based position with the ability to travel up to 20% as needed based on current and prospective clients.
To learn more about our work visit - http://https://www.icf.com/work/disaster-management
• Support ICF’s hazard mitigation practice, specifically related to HUD’S Community Development Block Grant – Mitigation (CDBG-MIT), FEMA’s Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP), Flood Mitigation Assistance (FMA), and Building Resilient Infrastructure and Communities (BRIC) program
• Support the identification and development of eligible, technically feasible, cost-effective, and EHP compliant hazard mitigation projects
• Provide policy and program management guidance to clients related to federal and state disaster assistance
• Assist with business development activities, including supporting special initiatives, market research, and proposal development
• Develop written products and tools for policies, program design and implementation, including the development of standard operating procedures (SOPs)• Program and project level management in collaboration with colleagues, clients, and stakeholders
Basic Qualifications/Experience• Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Public Policy, Business, or similar field
• 10+ years of professional experience
• 5+ years Experience with National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) floodplain management
• Experience with HUD CDBG-DR and CDBG-MIT state or local program/project management
• 5+ years experience with FEMA Hazard Mitigation Assistance (HMGP/FMA/BRIC) programs, including grant application development and grant management
• 7+ years of experience leading stakeholder engagement, outreach, and community meetings• 5+ years experience with FEMA Hazard Mitigation Assistance (HMGP/FMA/BRIC) programs, including grant application development and grant management
• Master’s degree in Planning, Public Policy, Business, or similar field
• Experience in benefit-cost analysis (BCA), economic impact analysis, loss avoidance assessment, and the NFIP Community Rating System (CRS)
• Experience with FEMA Public Assistance (PA) (including 406 and 428)
• Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and FEMA’s Hazus• ASFPM Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong leadership, organizational skills, and attention to detail
• Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work collaboratively and establish strong working relationships with colleagues and clients• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Remote Office (MD99)