Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Manager, Workforce Development
Senior Manager, Workforce Development - Newark, NJ
To support our recent growth in the northeast region we are currently seeking a Senior Manager, Workforce Development. You will bring your expertise and best practices to support the successful delivery of workforce development implementation to clients.ICF is looking for a Senior Manager, Workforce Development to support the development of a diverse team of professionals. This position will lead the workforce development vision and support our program to hire underrepresented minorities into the Clean Energy Industry.
This role will coordinate with our utility client(s) as well as community-led workforce training programs to create and deliver a comprehensive and integrated approach to outreach and hiring.
- Design, execute and implement a large workforce development effort geared towards providing community-based job opportunities to the underserved communities
- Lead a team focused on recruitment reporting, trade ally outreach, training and job placement for the clean energy industry
- Develop plans and implement training programs and/or procedures designed to bridge the gap between the underserved communities knowledge and required job skills needed to include both technical and interpersonal trainee development
- Advise on the appropriate facilitation and delivery methods for various program training goals
- Set up new processes to track and report on community-based trade ally job needs in addition to continued reporting on ICF and subcontractor job needs
- Contribute to day-to-day project management efforts, including creating project plans, preparing agendas, facilitating discussions, documenting notes and action items and answering questions to keep the projects on task
- Work with the client(s) to grow partnerships with local diversity focused organizations in select targeted underserved communities
- Provide innovative and consultative expertise to identify, research, and resolve complex challenges
- Monitor program deliverables and goals, adjust processes as needed
- Prepare presentations and reports to support stakeholder engagement
- Actively drive efforts that integrate diversity, equity and inclusion within program processes
- Develop a comprehensive community-based clean energy workforce development strategy for current and new utility clients
- Increase ICF visibility in the marketplace and contribute to branding as a technical leader
- Prepare whitepapers/articles, proposal templates, pitch decks and current client workforce development program summaries
- Proactively identify opportunities for presenting ICF’s work at high value conferences or meetings
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years leading a team (both in-house and virtual) focused on recruiting, staffing, onboarding and training functions
- 5+ years experience establishing influential partnerships at all levels
- Master’s degree
- Consulting experience
- Demonstrated experience with business development and client development
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement and quality assurance/control theories, techniques and application
- Firm understanding in procurement best practices and contract administration
- Industry certifications, professional affiliations, and publications
- Recognized internally and externally for expertise in functional area
- Strategic mindset with the ability to identify new opportunities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to work with all levels of internal employees, clients and partners
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism and a cooperative attitude
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities
If you want to work on the leading issues of the day, if you want your work to reflect your passion in life, if you truly want to make the world a better place, then you want to work at ICF. Whether ensuring efficient use of energy resources, protecting the environment for generations to come, supporting cancer and HIV/AIDS patients and returning veterans, keeping young people in school and educators informed, delivering results in emergency preparedness, or breaking ground in any number of today’s issues, ICF works on the topics that lead the news.
- ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) partners with government and commercial clients to deliver professional services and technology solutions in the energy, environment, and transportation; health, education, and social programs; and homeland security and defense markets. The firm combines passion for its work with industry expertise and innovative analytics to produce compelling results throughout the entire program life cycle, from research and analysis through implementation and improvement.
- We have a passionate commitment to our work and to helping our clients achieve their objectives. We combine technical expertise with world-class analytics. We provide room for entrepreneurial thinking and grass-roots innovation to achieve compelling results for both our clients’ projects and our own company. All our work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals the latitude they need to perform work that parallels their passions. Since 1969, ICF has been serving government at all levels, major corporations, and multilateral institutions. More than 4,500 employees serve these clients worldwide. ICF's website is http://www.icf.com.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award-winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EEO/AA – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities)
For a listing of other career opportunities at ICF, please visit our Career Center at www.icf.com/careers/
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
New Jersey Remote Office (NJ99)