Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Manager, User Experience (remote)
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring for a Senior Manager, User Experience
This role is responsible for delivering exceptional user experiences and intuitive application designs. UI/UX designers will also support or facilitate requirements gathering workshops, communicate with clients to understand their business goals and objectives, conduct user research and analysis, conduct design reviews of current-state systems and applications, and lead design efforts for future-state user interface elements and user experiences, creating wireframes and mockups. The UI/UX Designer is a member of a cross-functional team and routinely consults with our agile development teams to ensure design principles are incorporated into agile development sprints. And assist in guidance and thought leadership for our UX area of practice. The successful candidate will be able to deliver adaptive and creative solutions to UI/UX design problems while staying up to date with best practices and emerging trends in user experience design.
- Plan and conduct user research to understand user affinities, challenges, wish-list items that will help shape future-state vision for modernized applications
- Support and facilitate requirements gathering and communicate with clients to understand their business goals and objectives, and establish key design tenets to be included in application builds, etc.
- Plan and implement new user-centered designs by understanding business requirements and user needs
- Conduct design reviews of existing systems and applications
- Work with customers to shape future state user journeys
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows, and sitemaps
- Translate requirements into style guides, design patterns, and easy to use interfaces
- Collaborate with architects, developers, and project teams to ensure design elements are incorporated into development sprints
- Design graphic user interface elements for ServiceNow to include back-end forms, and front-end service portals
- Conceptualize, design, and implement consistent branding or styling, as well as document and maintain standards
- Conduct usability and concept testing prior to implementation
- Mentoring staff in their UX careers at ICF
- Assisting with guiding the UX area of practice
- 5+ years of UX related experience
- 2+ years Management experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Practical experience with Human-Centered Design techniques
- Experience conducting user research
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong time management skills with the ability to work multiple parallel projects at once
- Wireframing and UI Prototyping for multi-screen sized experiences
- Experience with conducting user testing to prove design solutions.
- Agile User Experience
- U.S. Citizenship required (required by Federal government for the position)
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Experience with online collaboration tools such as Mural and InVision
- Experience with wireframing and mockup tools such as Sketch, Adobe, etc.
Job Location(s): This is a remote position open to all U.S. citizens.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Remote Office (DC99)