Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Manager, Software Developer
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting services company with over 7,000 full- and part-time employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future. Learn more at icf.com.
ICF Next, Inc. (“ICF NEXT”) is a global marketing company. We provide marketing and communications capabilities to our customers. Over the years, our company has built and integrated a set of best-in-class marketing and communications through different agencies and consultancies. ICF NEXT brings organizations closer to the people they serve. Our focus in on the insights, creativity and technology that improve the interaction with clients and motivates meaningful action.
With a passion for marketing and communication, ICF NEXT knows when and how to accelerate the adoption of technologies and techniques that bring you closer to your customer. As voice search, artificial intelligence, and virtual and augmented reality are disrupting nearly every industry, we help organizations to stay one step ahead by orchestrating the conversations and collaborations that produce innovation. With over 1,700 staff members and more than 15 global offices, we are a global strategic partner for engagement and transformation. For more information about our company, visit www.icf.com/next.
The Loyalty & Customer Technology technical team requires an Senior Manager role to lead a team of solution architects and engineers to direct all technical aspects of one loyalty client and lead product innovations on ICF Next’s Tally platform. As the technical owner and leader of one loyalty client, you will be a client facing leader who is passionate about technology, analyzing client needs, solutioning, and driving an operationally excellent team.
As the technical lead, you will have ownership over a growing team which includes solution architects, software engineers, and data team members. In addition, you will regularly interact with the client, account leads, technical project managers and business analysts leads to continue to drive innovation and deliver technology solutions on the Tally platform for the client.
The successful candidate will be adept at leading in a dynamic environment, know how to deal with ambiguity, drive a team to solution and deliver and be involved in all aspects of the loyalty solution for the client.
30% Lead strategic planning for technology development and platform innovation. This will include client solutioning, application architecture, design, code reviews, build automation and gathering technical requirements.
20% Build successful relationships with internal and external clients to drive adoption of technical solutions and resulting revenue streams. This is a client facing role and will be required to occasionally travel to client (<10%).
20% Manage and oversee one engineering team to deliver and operate projects on time and within budget.
10% Assist project managers to estimate development of application features, create a schedule for the development process, and assign resources to accomplish those tasks. Providing input into project planning working with project managers
10% creating and communicating technical specifications and working in conjunction with business analysts to craft functional requirements for all projects on all work streams for the client.
10% Aid in the "hands-on" development of technical solutions for client projects.
- Develop an understanding of the client and loyalty application supporting the client within 60 days
- Understand the client and client program on the Tally Platform
- Understand the full software stack.
- Ability to understand the capabilities, features, and module dependencies of the loyalty platform, including APIs.
- Understand Loyalty & Customer Marketing documented software lifecycle, source control and branch management guidelines, and code review processes.
- Document, Educate, and Evangelize
- Ability to produce architectural and design documentation
- Ability to utilize documentation to educate and lead others in the delivery of the client requirements
- Ability to articulate, coach, and mentor others on understanding the platform including both internal teams and clients
- Collaborate with other parts of the Loyalty & Customer Marketing Tally Technology team to leverage and expand the use of the core Tally platform
- Communicate technical requirements to various audiences, including clients, project managers, business analysts, software engineers, and QA analysts.
- Effectively lead the team following Loyalty & Customer Marketing’s software delivery framework.
- Lead and work very closely with Solution Architect and Software Engineers to drive and review solutions.
- Drive a quality mindset within the team.
- Inspire innovation
- Continually reduce technical deck and continue to stay aligned with Tally core product roadmap
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Software Engineering, or a related field, plus, 8+ years progressive, post-bachelor’s software engineering experience using Java and/or J2EE. Experience with building enterprise applications in Java, particularly REST/SOAP APIs and microservices.
- Experience in leading and inspiring a team to deliver
- Experience in a client facing role
- Strong competency for application performance tuning.
- Strong competency for delivering applications with front-end technologies
- Experience working with industry standard enterprise web applications and technical infrastructure, including design and performance tuning.
- Desired technical proficiencies:
- SQL Server
- Containerization – Openshift, Kubernetes, Docker
- Application Performance Tuning
- Continuous Delivery Automation utilizing Atlassian (Jira, BitBucket, Bamboo, Confluence, HipChat)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Bangalore, India (II76)