Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Manager for Family Planning
International Health and Development LOB
Senior Manager for Family Planning
ICF International is seeking a Senior Manager for Family Planning (SMFP) for an upcoming United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded project. This project is headquartered in Washington D.C. and will support activities in over 20 low and middle income (LMIC) countries. The project focuses on supporting policy making by national governments in the health sector, including family planning/reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, and maternal and child health.
- The Senior Manager for Family Planning, will be responsible for management of the FP/RH element of the project, including financial accountability, staffing, work planning, and reporting.
- S/he should be able to act for and represent the Project Director as necessary.
- The proposed Deputy Project Director, FP/RH, should be experienced in addressing the special challenges of FP/RH policy development and implementation, including sustainable and adequate financing and other areas outlined in the project IRs. The Deputy Project Director, FP/RH, will have the following skills and experience:
- At least eight (8) years of experience designing, implementing and managing a significant portfolio of work for public health projects in/for developing countries, of which at least seven (7) years has been spent addressing policy, advocacy and/or governance issues, required.
- Extensive experience with FP/RH programs required.
- Experience implementing programs that address the policy, finance, gender and/or equity dimensions of FP/RH highly preferred.
- Strong applied cross-cultural management skills required.
- Professional experience effectively collaborating with government agencies, host country governments and counterparts, international donor organizations, civil society and private sector in developing countries required.
- A Master’s Degree or higher in public health, business administration, international development, or a related advanced degree required.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills in English required.
- Experience living or working in a LMIC country context and fluency in a project-relevant second language (including French or Spanish) desirable.
- A proven record of excellent management, leadership, decision-making, and interpersonal skills, including being an articulate speaker and sympathetic listener.
- Demonstrated ability: to assemble, quickly and effectively, and to manage a highly-skilled, interdisciplinary team; to interact with and lead a broad range of governmental and non-governmental actors and institutions across sectors; and to design, implement detailed, organized, timely, accurate monitoring and evaluation programs.
- Demonstrated excellent writing and presentation ability, as well as experience successfully leading an intercultural team in a development context.
- Demonstrated ability to convey sensitive and challenging topics effectively and with humility in local settings and environments.
- Excellent applied analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Fluency in English.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)