Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Landscape Architect
Environment & Planning
Senior Landscape Architect
We are ICF’s Environment & Planning Division. We are passionate about doing what’s right for our clients, our people, the communities where we live and work, and the environment. We are planners, scientists, program managers, designers, communicators, economists, technologists, and strategists. We are collaborative, curious, and committed to excellence—these are qualities we value that make us who we are and inspire us to grow. If you perform well in a fast-paced, engaging and collaborative environment, and would like to work with a diverse team of industry professionals, we encourage you to learn more about ICF (www.icf.com) and consider applying to join our team.
ICF is currently seeking a Senior Landscape Architect with desired specialization in visual resources analysis and recreation planning to support clients and projects across multiple sectors. Position can be based in any of our West Coast locations with the opportunity to work remote.
What You Will Do & Accomplish
- Serve as an environmental planner and visual resource specialist assisting in the inventory and analysis of visual resources and impacts associated with proposed projects following local, state, and federal guidance.
- Lead development of photorealistic simulations and graphic layouts.
- Assist in technical writing for environmental documents with a primary focus on visual and recreation resources.
- Ensure project quality, schedule, and budget objectives.
- Take initiative, resolve problems, and identify improved procedures to assure client needs are met effectively.
- Work closely with resource teams, project managers, and senior leadership throughout the company to promote ICF’s business interests in adherences to its mission, vision, and values.
- Willingness to learn, have fun, and grow into increased management responsibilities.
- Collaborate with others to strategically position for and pursue contracting opportunities in visual resource assessment with clients, ideally for federal land and resource management entities and/or with applicants.
- Support the growth of ICF’s landscape architecture practice through leading and mentoring staff on visual resource assessment.
- Lead or support other work in the landscape architecture, planning, and restoration practices, including recreation planning, restoration, storm water design, and related topics.
What You Must Have
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental planning, environmental science, or landscape architecture.
- A minimum of three (10) years of progressively responsible and applicable experience in environmental planning; landscape architecture or planning with emphasis on the development of photorealistic simulations related to mining, generation, energy transmission, or renewable energy infrastructure.
- Team oriented with a “can-do” spirit that is adaptable to learning new topics and supporting a multi-faceted team.
- Proficiency in orienteering skills using a compass and GPS equipment; reading and interpreting aerial imagery, topographical maps, and design drawings to interpret spatial relationships.
- Familiarity with photography and DSLR cameras and their appropriate application to visual analysis tasks.
- Must be able to work in varied climates and topography.
- Strong analytical and critical-thinking skills, with the ability to take a logical approach to tasks.
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, and graphic.
- Clean driving record required.
- Ability to travel as needed for projects throughout the western U.S.
What We’d Like You To Have
- Experience with infrastructure analysis, particularly in the off-shore wind energy sector.
- Demonstrated skills and proficiency using AutoCAD, Autodesk 3ds Max and other graphics software; SketchUp; Adobe Suite with primary emphasis on Photoshop and InDesign; knowledge of ArcGIS platforms and the FAA Glare Online Tool a plus.
- Working knowledge of NEPA, CEQA, and other state and federal environmental laws and regulations.
- Experience in technical writing to support the development of environmental documents.
- Experience working with local, state, and federal agencies; understanding of federal agency visual resource programs and manuals. Knowledge of CEQA aesthetics guidance a plus.
- Experience developing design solutions and design products, including conceptual plans, master plans, design development plans, and construction documents.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success. ICF is a purpose driven company with a strong culture and underlying values that prize diversity, opportunity, equality, and respect. Our core values include Embracing Differences, and we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of differences.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Portland, OR (OR08)