Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Java Spring Developer - Remote
Senior Java Spring Developer
ICF is seeking an experienced Java Spring Developer to support an enterprise big data and analytics platform that utilizes emerging technology to ingest data in real-time at extreme volumes and high velocity; full development life cycle and production support/application maintenance in Agile/rapid development environment. Must be eligible for Public Trust (Level 6)
Here is what you will be doing:
· Develop Java based frameworks for complex data processing.
· Develop understanding of client business processes, objectives, and solution requirements. Participate in project work groups with subject matter experts and stakeholders to understand data specific needs.
· Develop understanding of application processes, coding standards, and performance standards. Learn existing and new processes and technologies.
· Work with team lead / solution architect on solution design. Analyze and convert business requirements to technical requirements. Design logical and physical ERD diagrams, process flow diagrams, and related data processing design documentation.
· Code per development, performance, and secure coding standards; resolve defects identified in testing and code reviews.
· Execute performance test and tuning activities.
· Support production deployment and production support.
· Work on sprint team in agile, rapid development and deployment environment.
· Support production application - investigate and resolve production inquiries and issues. Requires flexible schedule.
· Communicate status to team lead / project oversight.
What you must have:
Must be eligible for Public Trust Clearance (Level 6)
5+ years of experience in the following:
· Java based software development - J2EE, Spring
· Transactional and BI reporting systems (e.g. OLAP and data warehouse) - design, development, tuning, and production support
· Database design and modeling - logical and physical
· ETL development
· Performance tuning - table partitioning and indexing, process threading
· Database storage sizing and maintenance
· Agile development methodology
· Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Communications skills (both verbal & written)
· Postal or mailing industry experience
· Traditional and NoSQL database platforms - Oracle, Cassandra, Hadoop
· Various frontend platforms - Qlik, D3/Angular.js· Production support experience
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)