Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Java Developer
ICF is seeking a Senior Java Developer with broad expertise in developing cyber hardened, business-oriented applications and interfaces to support a federal customer’s comprehensive Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 (HSPD-12) credentialing program and related systems.
Schedule: The candidate will work a standard eight work-hour day, Monday through Friday, with core hours from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Will telework during pandemic and work onsite at the Agency site in Woodlawn, MD., post pandemic.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Develop custom interfaces and business-oriented applications in support of the agency’s HSPD-12 Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) credentialing solution and relevant interfaces supporting Federal Identity Credential and Access Management (FICAM) operations
- Serve as lead integrator for the HPSD-12 program and the connections to various systems in the identity and access ecosystem
- Analyze and document inherited code bases, and migrate business logic as needed for modernization efforts
- Apply cybersecurity and hardening practices to all development tasks and operations of the HSPD-12 credentialing system
- Support the software development lifecycle (SDLC) for the HSPD-12 credentialing solution, relevant upgrades and related customizations
- Provide scope and tracking for all development tasks in an agency operated JIRA software management board
- Establish and maintain source code repositories
- Provide Level 3 technical support for the credentialing system, interfaces and custom applications
- Assist with planning, implementation, validation testing and recovery testing of HSPD-12 credentialing systems
- Develop, maintain, and implement check lists and test cases to ensure system compliance with Federal requirements
- Work with ICF technical leadership and team members to meet contract deliverables
- Support other related client tasks, as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 6 years' experience in development and integration of information systems
- 3 years' experience in Windows Server Administration
- 3 years’ experience in Cybersecurity and Cyber hardening
- 5 years’ experience with smart cards and multi-factor authentication
- Proficiency with Java, XML, PHP, ASP, HTML, MSSQL, MySQL
- The candidate would be required to pass a Federal National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) background investigation for this role.
- Strong understanding and hands-on knowledge of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), related concepts and practices
- Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in Logical Access Control Systems (LACS)
- Hands-on experience with HSPD-12 enrollment and identity proofing solutions, including enrollment workstations and peripherals, fingerprint adjudication systems (FBI/OPM), and interfaces to downstream credential and access management components
- Working knowledge of all NIST publications related to the HSPD-12 and FICAM domain: FIPS 201-2, SP800-73, SP800-76, SP800-78, SP800-116
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)