Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior IT Auditor
Under general supervision of the IT Audit Manager, the Senior IT Auditor will conduct IT audits & reviews, and other related risk-based audits of moderate to high complexity either working independently or as member of the Internal Audit Team.
The Senior IT Auditor will support the Internal Audit Department in identifying opportunities for continuous improvements relating to IT risk and other processes as appropriate for ICF's domestic and international operations.
This position is based in our Fairfax, Virginia, Metro accessible headquarters, and may require up to 5% travel, to include international locations.
What you will be doing…
- Performing the planning, fieldwork, reporting, and follow-up phases of assigned IT audits projects independently or as member of the Internal Audit team.
- Complete audit work paper ensuring work papers, support schedules, and reports are done in a timely and high-quality manner to support audit conclusions.
- Document and communicate audit results both orally and in writing in an objective, clear, concise, constructive, and timely manner.
- Develop audit reports and workpapers that require a minimal to moderate amount of editing by the IT Audit manager and the Senior Director of Internal Audit.
- Assist Internal Audit team on business process (integrated) audits by evaluating the application controls of systems that support the business process under review.
- Facilitate interviews to understand the business process and document the business process in a set of flowcharts or narratives.
- Assist in developing data analytics techniques to facilitate the testing of controls and improve audit efficiency.
- Manage the auditee relationship through professional, proactive, and right-touch communication.
- Assess IT Controls including (but not limited to): identity and access management, segregation of duties, configuration management, system development, business continuity and disaster recovery, cybersecurity, cloud infrastructure and database security, network security, application controls, data security, post and pre-implementation reviews, and third-party information technology risk management.
- Assist in the execution of IT assurance and compliance audits including SOX general computer controls testing and IT general and application controls. This may include reviewing the results of external consultants
- Perform advisory reviews to support IT business process and control improvements. Research, identify, and recommend leading, best practices.
- Support the Enterprise Risk Management program through the evaluation of existing and emerging IT risks, assisting with the development and refinement of the program toolset, and supporting management and board reporting of IT risks.
- Assist in the identification of improvements to internal audit processes/controls.
- Assist IT Audit Manager with the development of the annual Internal Audit plan and offering suggestions to improve departmental processes and procedures
- Stay abreast of new or emerging information technologies, products, and best practices
What you will need…
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems/Technology or Business/Commerce with a minor in Management Information Systems
- Certifications, Licenses: 2+ years with one of associated certifications: CISA, CISSP, CRISC, CISM or a widely accepted Cybersecurity certification
- 2+ years of experience within an IT audit or compliance function including information systems auditing or combined audit/IT audit experience with experience in areas to include: Costpoint, ERP applications, Windows, Linux, Cloud and network technologies, relational database systems, MS SQL, system development and implementation, IT risk assessment frameworks, data protection and e-privacy laws and regulations, and information and data security frameworks (i.e. COBIT and NIST)
- Proficient knowledge and experience with variety of data analytic tools, i.e. Power BI, Tableau, ACL, IDEA, Excel, Access. Preferred.
What would be nice to have…
- Additional certification (CPA, CIA, CFE)
- Internal Audit and/or Big Four experience.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for a senior management team
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)