Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior International Environmental Chemical Specialist (remote option)
ICF is at the forefront of preparing leading-edge technical and policy analyses, identifying viable market solutions, building real-world management tools, and implementing programs for domestic and international clients. ICF advises developed and developing country governments, multi- and bi-lateral development organizations, and private sector clients. We offer our clients around the globe unparalleled technical analytical, policy, and business management services.
ICF is seeking an International Environment Researcher to support our chemicals management and international development efforts. You will be responsible for supporting ICF managers in winning, planning, and executing projects. You will be expected to work as part of 2 to 7 person teams to execute tasks related to the development and delivery of accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services. You are likely to work on multiple projects, interact with all levels of staff, and have some client interaction. At ICF, you have an opportunity to apply your academic knowledge, gain exposure to major projects, and interact with experts and clients in the field, while also building content knowledge and consulting skills.
As a member of ICF’s team, you will focus on international development, environmental compliance, and chemicals management. Every day you will be working towards creating a sustainable future with opportunities for all; transferring technology and best practices on environmental compliance to developing countries; alleviating chemical and pesticide pollution; and helping the world mitigate and become more resilient to the impacts of climate change. The ideal candidate will also have a strong technical background and expertise, such that they can both manage and provide technical leadership on projects.
What you’ll be doing…
· Quantitative problem-solving; data collection, calculations, and analysis; and manipulation of large datasets.
· Technical writing.
· Reviewing literature and performing research.
· Interacting with clients.
· Preparing presentations, reports, memoranda, and other communication materials.
· Working with teams to prepare high-quality materials to support clients, pitching in where necessary.
· Completing tasks in a fast-paced and self-motivated environment and in a timely and efficient manner.
· Reporting to project managers.
What you’ll need to have…
· Master’s Degree in Chemistry, Toxicology, Chemical Engineering, Biology, Biochemistry, or related subjects required.
· 3+ years of consulting or related experience
· Familiarity with chemistry, non-CO2 greenhouse gases, and inventory development.
· Familiarity with best management practices for safe handling of chemicals, including pesticides.
· Demonstrated interest and/or experience in climate- and sustainability-related areas.
· Outstanding oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate complex climate information to non-scientists to inform decision making processes.
· Understanding of climate policies and programs and international regulations related to chemicals management.
· Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel).
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Arlington, VA (VA31)