Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior International Data Management Specialist
ICF seeks a Senior International Data Management Specialist with international experience to work in our Rockville, Maryland office (when it is safe to reopen) to support International Health and Development projects, including the population-based household surveys and evaluation activities for USAID’s Bureau for Resilience and Food Security and Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance and CDC’s Population-based HIV Impact Assessment Surveys. You will work on a variety of projects, including food security and HIV surveys, and have an excellent opportunity for growth alongside recognized experts in the field.
- Develop and support mobile data capture (CAPI) systems for population-based surveys in developing countries using the CSPro software system, using both Windows and Android operating systems
- Work with in-country implementing partners, specifically the in-country data managers to strengthen their capacity in supporting mobile data capture systems
- Prepare training materials and partner with implementing agencies to train large groups of local field staff in mobile data collection.
- Supervise fieldwork activities and provide troubleshooting assistance
- Prepare and review data files for consistency and anonymization prior to their release to the public
- Communicate throughout the entire survey process with other team members within ICF, implementing agencies, and key stakeholders in a clear and timely manner
- Bridge communication between CAPI programmers and ICF team members, implementing agencies, and key stakeholders
- Represent data management team at ICF and respond to requests or needs in project-wide meetings within ICF, as well as with implementing agencies and key stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, public health, demography
- 5+ years’ experience managing large data sets
- Experience managing the full life cycle of data management activities
- Strong organizational and self-management skills, including the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously and set strategic priorities
- Ability to work both independently and in teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to explain thought-process
- Experience in training large groups of adult trainees
- Ability to travel internationally up to 30% (international trips are typically 2-4 weeks at a time)
- Master’s degree
- Strong programming skills in a language such as C#, C++, Python, Ruby, Java, R, Stata, or SAS
- Experience using CSPro or other survey software such as Survey Solutions, Epi-Info, Open Data Kit (ODK)
- Experience managing software development activities
- Experience training staff in low- and middle-income countries
- Experience in data management or data editing
- Experience and interest in nutrition, public health, demographic research
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)