Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Internal Communications Specialist
We’re currently hiring a Senior Internal Communications Specialist to develop and lead a new internal communications program.
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
The team provides the full range of strategic communications, digital, and creative support to an energy and cybersecurity client.
In this a new position you will work directly with ICF account leads and client leadership to build, develop and execute an internal communications program on a growing team.
- Develop and execute an internal communications strategy in coordination with client leadership
- Develop and execute an employee engagement plan leveraging leadership and staff feedback
- Align internal communication strategies and engagement plans with executive and external communications plans and tactics
- Draft and edit content for internal audiences, including newsletters, emails, and other internal channels
- Coordinate client all-hands meetings, lunch & learns, and other informational webinars and develop associated agendas, presentations, Q&A, etc.
- Collaborate with account and client leads to coordinate weekly calendar, including internal communications deliverables, upcoming announcements, speaking engagements, reports, and external events for client staff
- Support regular reporting and tracking functions of internal communications activities and staff speaking opportunities and facilitate approvals or reporting to client leadership
- Eight or more years of communications consulting experience
- Bachelors Degree in communications or relevant field
- Experience developing and executing internal communications programs
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and project management skills
- Ability to develop, document and publish standard operating procedures
- Ability to think creatively and develop innovative ideas into actionable solutions
- Ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Exhibits excellent client and customer-facing skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Highly organized problem solver
- Pushes the communications, marketing, and digital world forward, using technology and creativity
Job Location(s): The preferred candidate will be local to the Washington, DC metro area and available to work a hybrid schedule which will include remote work as well as occasional visits to the client site and ICF Headquarters in Reston, VA.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is
$94,247.00 - $160,220.00
COVID-19 Policy: The position you are applying to requires the selected employee(s) to provide proof of their full vaccination status which is defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for use by the FDA.
Reston, VA (VA30)