Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Interaction Designer (Remote)
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring for a Senior Interaction Designer
Most people can design or try their hand at some visuals, but we’re searching for a star designer who can turn heads and make people go “Wow, who made that?” We’re looking for a real pioneer in the design space that knows the difference between making yourself understood and crafting visuals that gets inside people’s minds and moves their hearts to take action. If you have this super-power—this ability to use strategic thinking and killer design skills to persuade—then you just might be the senior interaction designer we’re looking for.
As a Senior Interaction Designer, you will:
- Design highly engaging, pixel-perfect interactive user interfaces that are grounded in best practice, user research and fully compliant with modern web standards.
- Follow our human-centered design approach, working directly with clients and internally with account leads, product managers, and user experience strategists to fully understand the requirements, user needs, audience profiles and KPIs
- Use internal design sprints and carry out any necessary desk research as required to best inform your design
- Use research insight gathered to propose effective solutions that will best achieve the aims of the brief, applying strategic expertise and your awareness of the latest digital trends and technologies throughout
- Support public-sector clients who tackle issues like HIV/AIDS, disaster preparedness, human trafficking, climate change, child welfare, and more.
- Work collaboratively as part of Agile development teams to promote flow, smooth sharing, and problem solving with teammates in both product and engineering roles.
You will need:
- 7+ years of experience producing visual and interaction designs for web and mobile interfaces.
- 5+ years of experience with front-end development.
- Expert design skills using Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver), Figma, Sketch, and InVision.
- Experience with testing and remediating web accessibility and cross-browser issues for both desktop and mobile.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills with the confidence to ask questions, challenge assumptions and discuss ideas with colleagues and clients at all levels
- The ability to provide and receive constructive feedback in a collaborative environment.
- Logical thinker and accomplished problem solver, with attention to detail that’s second to none
- Highly organized with the ability to effectively prioritize tasks and act decisively in an ever changing fast-paced creative environment
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Remote Office (DC99)