Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Instructional Designer - work from home opportunity
We are looking for a Senior Instructional Designer to work remotely from home anywhere in North America (Eastern, Central and Mountain Time Zones only) and join our Corporate Learning and Development team. You will analyze, document, design, develop and actively manage learning strategies in collaboration with a change management lead, key initiative stakeholders and business partners. The Senior Instructional Designer ensures strategies align with change management processes and delivery requirements.
The Senior Instructional Designer also manages the pilot testing of learning deliverables and ensures their timely implementation. They will measure the effectiveness of these deliverables against pre-determined targets and adjust if required.
What you will do:
- Work collaboratively with project sponsors, functional subject matter experts and the change management lead to provide Learning and Development thought leadership in support of business improvement initiatives. Following the industry model Assess, Design, Develop, Implement, Evaluate (ADDIE) process, determine the best way to provide learning and development solutions that respond to evolving business needs.
- Develop and socialize learning strategies and attendant training plans that support the skills and knowledge required for new solutions.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and SMEs to simplify how a Learner should progress their knowledge and skills.
- Work alongside the Change Management lead and functional stakeholders to ensure training is aligned to the overall communication and change management process.
- Work closely with Learning and Development Business Operations to determine the best way to leverage our Workday Learning LMS process and system capabilities to deploy.
- Coordinate all training deployment activities, including scheduling, notifications/communications, participant registration, follow-up actions
- Maintain dialogue with Learning Business Partners, collaborating on learning solutions that meet Group-specific requirements. When appropriate, lead the development of cross-media learning deliverables.
- Bring continuous innovation to learning programs taking into consideration Learners’ preferred communications styles.
- Ensure learning content can be linked to delivering measurable business results using the L&D Learning Business Case.
- Identify and work closely with SMEs to ensure high quality training programs are developed.
- Facilitate or deliver training programs as required.
- Ensure the ICF L&D Learning catalog is up to date and relevant.
What you will need:
- 8+ years of hands on experience developing blended learning following the ADDIE model
- Strong executive-level interfacing skills including performance consulting and influencing decisions.
- Strong presentation, listening and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a comprehensive strategy that meets business needs.
- Team-oriented style and manner to work collaboratively and effectively in fast-paced, cross-functional and matrixed-team situations.
- Comfortable with change.
- Bachelor's degree
- Highly organized, prior project management experience
- Prior experience in learning and development
What we would like:
- Prior experience supporting learning related to process and system modernization initiatives preferred.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success. ICF is a purpose driven company with a strong culture and underlying values that prize diversity, opportunity, equality, and respect. Our core values include Embracing Differences, and we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces and hires dimensions of differences.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Illinois Remote Office (IL99)