Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Instructional Designer - Remote
ICF is currently seeking a Senior Instructional Designer (remote). We aren’t generic contractors; we are expert consultants. We work with our clients determine the ideal solution to their problems. We are seeking candidates who can help us create dynamic, engaging, exciting learning content with an emphasis on user-centered design, user experience (UX), and accessibility for all learners. This requires candidates who are nimble and innovative in their application of instructional design principles.
Using your mix of creative skills and project awareness, the successful candidate will create interactive and engaging ways to communicate instructional content knowledge as well as provide feedback on other team members' materials. The candidate will have the ability to develop a range of instructional materials including classroom-based training, online training and performance support tools, self-paced guides, case studies, job aids, etc.
We focus on providing practical solutions to challenges in management and organizational change for public and private sector clients. These solutions include innovative, creative, and responsive training, organizational development, change management, and strategic performance improvement services.
This is a remote opportunity.
- Work as a Lead Instructional Designer or Task Lead under the supervision of a Project Manager on large projects, or act as a Project Manager on smaller training development projects
- Lead the design and development of instructor-led and responsive technology-delivered curricula and performance support solutions
- Mentor mid-level and junior instructional designers (providing coaching on innovative instructional design practices, gamification strategies, and applying adult learning principles to create engaging learning experiences and provide direct, constructive feedback on work product)
- Lead the development and review of products for adherence to style and storyboard guidelines, writing standards, course/task flow, and designing for standards such as SCORM conformance and Section 508 compliance
- 6+ years of relevant work experience
- 4+ years of ISD experience and a bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Education, or related fields
- Experience in the full life cycle of the instructional systems design (ISD) process with experience in developing engaging, experiential instructor-led training as well as web-based and blended learning solutions that are Section 508-compliant and SCORM-conformant
- Experience developing instructional materials for Federal agencies
- Ability to develop clear and concise linear and non-linear storyboards for programmers/online developers, including graphics concepts, audio scripts, user interactions, navigation, and other related elements
- Proficiency with word-processing, spreadsheet, and presentation tools (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Superior use of the English language including the ability to read, comprehend, and communicate information and ideas effectively
- Experience working in a consulting firm environment
- Knowledge of the field of human-computer interaction and performance-centered design
- Ability to apply instructional design principles to gaming and simulation environments
- Experience and working knowledge of at least one rapid development tool (e.g., Articulate Storyline, Articulate Rise)
- Detailed knowledge of Section 508 requirements as applied to course design and development
- Experience designing video / motion-graphic storyboards
- Experience with design production tools (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Familiarity with concepts related to Communities of Practice and the application of social networking and online collaboration tools to learning
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)