Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Information Architect & Strategist (Remote)
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, tenacious in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of dedicated creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring for a Senior Information Architect.
You’re a creative, strategic thinker who is passionate about digital technology, and you’re ready to tackle some of society’s greatest challenges. Do you want the opportunity to lead an enterprise-level public health web strategy? If so, you’re going to love this job.
Our innovative digital solutions team is seeking an Information Architect to join our Content Strategy Team. This position requires strong communication skills, a high degree of professionalism, independent judgment, organizational skills, the ability to multitask, and flexibility as needs and priorities change.
This is an exciting role offering excellent opportunities for career and knowledge growth and the chance to work in a dynamic and collaborative organization.
This position is remote and can be based anywhere in the U.S.
As a Senior Information Architect, you will:
- Coordinate with other Team Leads including client and prime contractor staff members to provide a unified digital solution
- Present recommendations in a clear, concise way that empowers decision-makers and is grounded in data, adheres to best practices, and builds on previous findings
- Gather requirements from client stakeholders alongside user needs
- Document content specifications and requirements that comply with the 21 st Century Integrated Digital Experience Act (IDEA) and the Section 508 Amendment to the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Develop a deep level of understanding of the content structure across the content management system (CMS), and provide recommendations to improve consistency
- Lead Information Architecture (IA) enhancement efforts that include improvements to taxonomy, sitemaps, and content structure
- Establish and execute plans for content and taxonomy governance and maintenance
- Support user experience (UX) and graphic design efforts through a content-forward strategic approach, including reviewing wireframes, mock-ups, and other design deliverables
- Collaborate with analytics specialists to determine meaningful key performance indicators (KPIs), using data to drive your content strategy and IA recommendations
- Leverage structured and dynamic content capabilities within Drupal and coordinate with developers on IA solutions
- Verifying strategic successes through KPI data and adjusting priorities when performance data indicates a need to shift our approach
- Serve as a point of contact for our clients – prioritizing, delegating, tracking, and reporting on tasks as well as directly assisting with implementation
- Work within an Agile (e.g., Kanban or Scrum) framework
As a Senior Information Architect, you will have:
Bachelor’s degree in Communications or a related field
5-10 years’ experience in Content Strategy or IA; public health experience is a bonus
Demonstrated experience with:
- Drupal – specifically Drupal 8 and Drupal 9
- Leading IA efforts for website redesigns
- Taxonomy management
- Large digital transformation or modernization efforts
- Phased or iterative CMS migrations
- Keeping a large, diverse team unified as they work towards a strategic vision; specific change management experience is a bonus
Professional and Interpersonal skills:
- Presenting to clients and internal teams to align expectations and gain buy-in
- Bringing to life solutions that are data-driven through KPI monitoring, discovery activities, or collaborating with UX researchers
- Facilitating workshops, listening sessions, or other interactive activities such as card sorts or tree testing
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong proficiency in MS Office
- The ability to work remotely
- Experience developing content management or governance plans
- Experience presenting to leadership teams
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks, deadlines, and priorities
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Remote Office (DC99)