Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior IBM Systems Engineer
ICF is a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial, multi-faceted consulting company, seeking a Senior IBM Systems Engineer to join our team in Annapolis, MD. This position is responsible for providing IBM mainframe system programming support to our state client.
- Installing, testing and maintaining the mainframe supporting CICS/ and MQ.
- Keeping systems operating efficiently by performing any necessary upgrades and repairs
- Planning a strategy to maintain system security on the computers and the network as a whole
- Optimizing and evaluating the system regularly
The team works closely with clients and other contractors to ensure the performance and reliability of public-facing, mission-critical applications.
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate with others to define and implement optimal, complete solutions based on stakeholder needs.
- Analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team.
- Apply and generate best practices in multiple technical domains using various technology products and services.
- Capture and share best practice knowledge with the internal technical teams.
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related scientific or technical discipline.
- 5 or more years of experience in reviewing large information systems
- 2 or more years experience with IBM SW installation and SMP/E
- 2 or more years analyzing legacy systems (code, requirements, functional outputs) in order to develop baseline system requirements
- 2 or more years familiarity with federal cybersecurity requirements
- Bachelor's degree in IT
- Initiative and interest in Information Technology Security.
- People skills and the ability to communicate effectively with various clients with the ability to explain and elaborate on technical details.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Excellent problem-solving skills.
Technologies you will use: Must have IBM Systems Engineering Expertise
What you’ll love about working here:
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Flexible work location
- Diverse workforce that values equality and inclusion
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Participation in charity initiatives
- Employee support program
- Comprehensive health benefits
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Remote Office (MD99)