Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior HR Business Partner
Senior HR Business Partner
As a Senior Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) in the Next Government division, you will play a crucial role in the implementation of ICF’s talent management practices, partnering with key stakeholders in support of strategic business objectives. In your role as a strategic thought partner, you will advise and coach leaders in all elements of talent management, including identifying current and future human capital needs, issues, and priorities, and leading the execution of the appropriate actions to help the business achieve their objectives.
Our Next Government division brings marketing, communications, and technology together with strategy and design to make an impact that we can measure for our clients. While science and data drive our approach, we infuse our work with creativity and flair to stand out from the crowd.
In a world of complexity, we make change simple. In a world of distraction, we help organizations break through. From consumers to colleagues and from citizens to entire communities, we bring organizations closer to the people they serve.
The role can be based out of an ICF office or hybrid (in the US) and may require occasional travel supporting a geographically dispersed team.
- Serve as the primary HR contact for Next Government division.
- Work with business leaders on managing performance and ensure optimal business decisions are made that protect and strengthen the ICF commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging.
- Build trusted relationships with leadership and support the goals of the business.
- Develop strategic relationships with HR colleagues to support a one HR approach
- Partner with the business to lead companywide HR priorities and establish and implement effective human capital strategies that drive employment engagement.
- Execute change management strategies to accelerate the adoption of new programs and processes.
- Facilitate and support talent succession management for both leadership and top talent.
- Use HR data analytics and reporting to identify actionable trends and clear recommendations to guide leaders for effective and insightful decision making and action planning.
- Identify and improve leadership and management practices.
- Oversee/collaborate on employee relations matters - collaborate with the business and other HR colleagues as appropriate to develop resolution strategies when specific ER issues arise.
- Understand, integrate, and provide recommendations to the business on HR priorities; ensure HR programs are effectively communicated, implemented, and utilized with minimal disruption and strong client partnership.
- Develop and deliver HR related content in the form of resources, training, etc. to support the evolving needs of the division.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal/regulatory federal and state requirements and ensure fair and consistent daily management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance for employees.
- Develop creative solutions that balance the needs of the business, HR and employee interests.
- Promote ICF's Core Values through HR programs and practices, model personal integrity, drive the importance of ethics and compliance throughout the business, and address related issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
- 8+ years of demonstrated success in human resources (HR) disciplines, including talent management, employee relations, compensation, performance management, employee/career development and general HR support
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM CP or SCP certification.
- Proven HR partnership in a consulting environment.
- Experience with data analytics – compiling data, understanding the data and telling the story via creating data visuals in tools such as Microsoft Office.
- Experience in HR project management, program implementation and training delivery.
- Experienced in assessment tools, and comfortable in debriefing assessment profiles at the individual and work group levels.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience using Workday.
- Demonstrated expertise in supporting a large, complex, multi-location organization while working with managers across various offices.
- Proven ability as an effective team member on virtual teams and ability to successfully support, coach, and influence remote clients.
- Proven ability to successfully support, coach, and influence internal clients to include with clients in varying geographic locations domestically.
- Naturally curious, innovative, and creative with a focus on continuous improvement in process and learning.
- High-level of proficiency in problem solving skills/critical thinking --with the ability to analyze complex situations, identify existing or potential problems, and recommend solutions.
- Ability to develop strong relationships across a diverse employee and leadership while establishing trust and creditability.
- Demonstrated capability in providing thought leadership.
- Team player with the ability to work in a high demand, fast-paced environment with diverse, geographically dispersed clients.
- Sound business ethics and judgment, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational/company procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for our clients.
- Ability to remain tactful, measured, and persuasive in controversial and/or confrontational situations.
- Exceptional collaboration skills within a center of excellence HR business model.
- Verbal, presentation, and written communication skills at the level of proficiency required to be effective with senior leaders
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Reston, VA (VA30)