Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Health Economist
ICF seeks a Senior Health Economist to support the growth of our expanding public health work. We are a $1 billion+ global consulting provider and work across a range of industries to make the world a better place through deep domain expertise, innovative thinking and technology. As a Senior Health Economist, you will help our U.S. federal government and international clients tackle challenging and meaningful projects that address the most important issues facing our society. Your expertise in economics, health financing, and research, and sound objective analysis will help ICF deliver results for clients working to improve health outcomes in some of the world’s most vulnerable communities.
This role can be located in the Atlanta, GA area. Remote candidates will be considered as well. International and domestic travel may be required once business travel resumes.
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving others' lives and making the world a better place. Our core values include embracing difference as we seek to build a culture that encourages, embraces, and is inclusive of all dimensions of difference. This is an outstanding opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success.
What you will be doing:
- Supporting and managing work on short- and long-term international and domestic (U.S.-based) projects focused on costs, cost-effectiveness, financing and sustainability of health programs. Your work products will include data collection instruments, evaluation protocols, written reports, memoranda, spreadsheet models, and PowerPoint presentations. Your clients will include the Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC), The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM), and non-profit and private-sector clients.
- Facilitate the effective management of client demands that may include aggressive deadlines and complex deliverables.
- Oversee delivery of client commitments, ensure excellence, and drive a customer satisfaction culture.
- Mentor, coach, and supervise junior staff to monitor workflow/workload, provide guidance, ensure quality work products and high levels of employee engagement.
- Understand your client’s current and upcoming needs, anticipate how ICF can be a partner to clients and add value. Help translate evolving client requirements, operations, and programs into new ICF engagements and relationships and demonstrate to clients how ICF can resolve their most challenging problems.
- Support business development efforts by engaging in capture, bid and proposal processes and assist with technical storytelling and compelling solutions for client audiences.
- Demonstrate thought-leadership and technical expertise via presentations at conferences, authoring publications, and client or professional engagements.
- Master’s Degree in Economics (PhD preferred) plus a minimum of 7 years of demonstrated experience in public health research and evaluation, 3 of which should be in international health or development programs
- Experience leading and managing projects, teams, and individuals
- Strong technical project management and financial project management acumen
- Demonstrated success delivering solutions in health economics to clients in a professional services / consulting setting
- Experience working on programs or projects related to infectious diseases in low- and middle-income countries. Experience with HIV, tuberculosis, and malaria is highly desirable.
- Experience using Stata, R, SAS or other structured programming language for data analysis.
- Positive, pragmatic and collaborative style, with an ability to generate enthusiasm, train and develop others, and be innovative in accomplishing goals in a large, complex, multi-cultural, and matrix environment.
- Strategic but hands-on leader with exceptional organizational, communications, and people management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, and Teams).
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Atlanta, GA (GA18)