Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Front-End Software Engineer
ICF is a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial, multi-faceted consulting company, seeking a senior front-end web developer specializing in Angular/TypeScript to support the development of the ClinicalTrials.gov Protocol Registration and Results System (PRS). This is a full-time position located at the NIH campus in Bethesda, MD.
ClinicalTrials.gov, the world’s largest public clinical research registry and results database, provides patients, families, health care providers, researchers, and others with access to information on a wide range of clinical studies. You will join the ClinicalTrials.gov team of web developers and software engineers to build user friendly, robust, flexible web applications. This role calls for more than an expert coder and architect – someone fluent in modern UI design and usability principles, who can work equally effectively with user researchers, designers, product managers, scientists, security, and DevOps engineers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build robust, performant, user-facing web applications in Angular/TypeScript supporting millions of daily users
- Develop, create, and ship new functionality for user interaction and scientific data visualization, using modern APIs and frameworks
- Work as an integral part of an agile product team to deliver an unbelievably great user experience
- Deliver responsive, accessible, mobile-friendly code of high quality (automated test/build/deploy)
- The successful candidate is self-initiated, intuitive, and possesses technical and business acumen.
- Degree Requirements: BS in Computer Science or scientific field (engineering, physics)
- Years of Experience Requirements: 8+ years developing highly interactive web applications with Angular/TypeScript frontend development
- Knowledge of Angular design patterns
- Adept at agile techniques and practices
- Experience with using RESTful APIs from Angular front-end applications
- Semantic markup and modern web layout techniques
- Experience with relational databases
- Selenium testing
Technologies/tools you’ll use:
- RESTful APIs
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)