Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Food Security Survey Data Analyst
ICF is growing, and we are hiring a Senior Food Security Survey Data Analyst to analyze the population-based survey data that is collected from household surveys around the globe. This is a full-time—preferably hybrid—position based in Rockville, Maryland. Remote candidates will be considered.
ICF manages the USAID-funded Surveys for Monitoring in Resilience and Food Security (SMRFS) project as part of Feed the Future, the U.S. Government’s flagship initiative to reduce global hunger and improve food security. The SMRFS Team collaborates with local survey implementing organizations to implement population-based surveys (PBS) in targeted geographical areas where the U.S. Government and its partners invest in agriculture, resilience, and nutrition. The SMRFS Team also works with USAID to update and expand Feed the Future’s publicly available population-based survey guidance materials (https://agrilinks.org/post/feed-future-zoi-survey-methods), conduct additional analyses, and investigate ways to reduce burden and collect data using alternative methods.
Once the population-based survey data is collected in a country, the data analysis team cleans and analyzes the data and then summarizes and interprets findings for survey report. In collaboration with the project’s Capacity Strengthening Advisor the data analysis team is responsible for strengthening capacity of USAID mission and implementing partner staff, host country government, and local civil society’s capacity to analyze and use the PBS data once collected. The data analysis team leads ad hoc and in-depth secondary data analysis.
As a member of the data analysis team, the senior food security survey data analyst will work with others to analyze survey data, to interpret findings and write analysis results for survey reports, and to participate in strengthening data analytic capacity in the countries where data is collected.
- Conduct analyses of large survey data sets using statistical software packages
- Apply sampling weights to data analysis
- Review the analysis of other staff members
- Perform literature reviews
- Contribute to writing survey reports
- Draft and present findings to diverse audiences
- Strengthen data analysis capacity of in-country partners through training and coaching
- Assist other project members on non-data analysis activities as needed
- Advanced professional proficiency in written and oral English
- Ability to travel 15% time
- Master’s degree in economics, statistics, data science, epidemiology, public policy, or demography
- 3+ years of experience conducting statistical analysis, including multivariate methods
- 3+ years of experience using Stata and SAS
- 1+ year of experience managing large, population-based survey datasets
- 1+ years of experience applying sample weights to data sets
- 2+ years of experience working with data collected for international development projects
- 2 + years of experience working on USAID-funded studies
- 2+ years of experience presenting to diverse audiences
- 2+ years of experience training adult professionals
- 1+ years of experience in food security
- Written and oral French, Spanish, or Portuguese language skills
- Experience using R or SPSS or GIS
- Ability to work in diverse teams
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced consulting environment
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)