Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Financial Capability Specialist (REMOTE ROLE)
Senior Financial Capability Specialist (REMOTE ROLE)
ICF seeks a self-motivated Financial Capability Specialist for our team supporting financial capability programs for the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, and other clients. Financial capability refers to an array of interventions that help people make informed financial decisions that help them reach their goals. Examples of financial capability interventions include financial education, credit and debt counseling, financial coaching, homebuyer counseling, and free income tax preparation through VITA (IRS’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program). Financial capability can also take the form of using financial tools and resources as part of other social services.
You must be a pro-active team player able to work in a fast-paced environment who will be responsible for a wide range of materials development, communications, project administration, training, and technical assistance tasks.
What you'll be doing:
- Supporting the management of teams, budgets, project deliverables, and communication with clients and other project stakeholders. You will also track project timelines to ensure the timely completion of projects in cost-efficient manner.
- Serving as a direct point of contact for clients in a way that ensures that clients are up-to-date on project statuses, and solicits guidance from clients as needed, and strengthens client relationships.
- Setting-up and operating videoconference platforms used to host web-based training, such as Microsoft Teams and Adobe Connect.
- Under the tutelage of senior leadership, providing advisory services to social services programs that are implementing financial capability interventions. The services provided will include web-training, one-on-one technical assistance conversations, and customized written communications.
- Developing written products that discuss financial topics (e.g., saving, credit, debt, and financial products and services) in concise, clear language.
- Analyzing data and creating visualizations to communicate insights. This work will use Excel, as well as tools for dashboard creation, such as Tableau.
- Performing quality control on products and tools to ensure high levels of quality, consistency, and accuracy.
- Bachelors’ degree. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5+ years of related professional experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial topics and financial capability interventions.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing project processes.
- Proven project management skills and experience.
- Willingness to travel on occasion.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and writing skills.
- Team player with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and project stakeholders.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams).
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel skills, including use of pivot tables and macros.
- Experience operating videoconferencing platforms used to host web-based trainings.
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Comfort with a remote team environment.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)