Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Energy Engineer, Energy Efficiency
Senior Energy Engineer Energy Efficiency Programs
Washington, DC/Maryland Columbia, MD
Job Description: The Senior Energy Engineer will focus on sponsored programs that encourage energy efficiency in commercial, industrial, schools and government buildings and client satisfaction. This individual will be a critical member of the team and will utilize a unique combination of interpersonal and analytical skills to be successful. This position involves exercising a high level of creativity and autonomy, as well as the ability to work successfully within a team environment. The Senior Energy Engineer is a highly analytical and client centric position that includes working with utilities, recognizable Fortune 500 global corporations, as well as a variety of industry, and Government organizations.
Why you will love working here:
- Quality of life: Flexible workplace arrangements, work-life balance
- Investment of the community: Donation matching, volunteer opportunities
- Investment in you: Tuition reimbursement, access to professional development resources, 401k matching, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
What you will be doing:
- Manage and lead engineering reviews of energy savings calculations for HVAC systems, Building Automation Controls, Lighting and Industrial equipment
- Provide guidance to engineering staff on best practices, baseline selection for existing buildings and new construction and preparing M&V plans for energy savings verification.
- Provide technical guidance to Service Providers and Customers regarding programmatic requirements pertaining to energy modelling and energy calculations
- Assess feasibility for new energy efficiency measures or disruptive technologies, liaison with clients to develop pilot studies and potential deemed savings methodologies.
- Conduct on-site energy assessments and analyze the energy performance of commercial buildings to determine cost-effective energy efficiency upgrades
- Interact with building managers to motivate them to implement energy efficiency upgrades in existing buildings
- Coordinate with other team members and clients to develop strategies to influence the market and increase participation in programs
What we need you to have (minimum qualifications):
- Bachelor's Degree in (Chemical, Electrical, Energy, Environmental and Renewable/Sustainable Engineering or closely related field)
- 3+ years of utility energy efficiency implementation or ESCO experience (electrical or HVAC contracting)
- Demonstrated knowledge of lighting, motors, HVAC systems, Building Automations Systems
What we would like you to have:
- Experience with analyzing utility interval data (AMR data) and regression modeling preferred
- Knowledge of energy code standards for existing building and new construction such as, LEED/WELL and other Green Building standards
- Experienced with using Technical Resource Manuals (TRMs) and supervising the development of tools that utilize deemed savings methodologies
- Experience with standard EM&V protocols (IMPVP) and energy savings calculation methodologies
- Experience with energy modeling tools such as TRACE 700, eQuest, Carrier HAP, OpenStudio and TRACE 3D
- Experience managing or evaluating energy efficiency projects through utility incentive programs
- Provide insight and recommendations for program changes based on existing market knowledge and program trends
- Strong interpersonal skills and client service orientation. Ability to connect quickly with others and establish rapport
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Ability to form and develop strategic relationships with industry stakeholders
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Effective listening and probing skills
- Ability to work effectively as an independent contributor and in a team environment. Ability to successfully work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Ability to travel within geographic area
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Columbia, MD (MD12)