Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Energy and Sustainability Specialist for Federal Energy Efficiency and Climate Protection Programs (Arlinton, VA OR Remote)
***This position can be based in a variety of USA offices OR Remote***
Senior Energy and Sustainability Specialist for Federal Energy Efficiency and Climate Protection Programs
ICF is seeking a detail-oriented, self-motivated candidate to help clients promote programs and communicate their energy and sustainability successes. This role will be responsible for helping shape critical marketing programs that drive energy efficiency, decarbonization, beneficial electrification, and equitable strategies for the next era of clean energy policies impacting our communities and our economy. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the energy efficiency market and be able to use that knowledge and networks in industry, utilities, and states to conduct stakeholder outreach, facilitate industry engagement, and assure effective implementation of government public-private partnerships. They will be part of a team that reviews and analyzes energy-efficient products and technologies—focal areas of concentration will include but are not limited to heat pump water heaters, air-source heat pumps, and other technologies contributing to the decarbonization of buildings. A successful candidate will be able to effectively contribute to developing and implementing customized regional marketing strategies to overcome market barriers with the goal of increasing the uptake of these technologies nationally.
Key Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute customized regional marketing and sales plans, including:
- Identifying and engaging partner marketing leads through a series of meetings to coordinate marketing strategy o Facilitate coordination through scheduling, agendas, and meeting notes o Providing support and resources to regional leads to engage market partners, such as retailers, distributors, installers, and community organizations
- Providing support to set up regional campaign landing pages and routing leads to partners o Developing a coordinated, high-impact action plan with commitments from regional partners on goals, roles, and timelines related to marketing
- Tracking campaign metrics to document successes and lessons learned
- Developing mid-campaign reports for regional and national partners
- Engaging research partners, conducting outreach on behalf of the initiative and providing expertise in meetings
- Supporting federal and state energy efficiency program initiatives to promote energy efficiency in various sectors
- Developing creative outreach for raising awareness and increasing market penetration, recruiting new partners, and fostering existing industry relationships
- Serving as an expert for targeted markets, distribution channels, and customer behavior patterns
- Building and maintaining relationships with key industry organizations, including leading product manufacturers, distributors, retailers, utilities, trade organizations, policymakers, and other key stakeholders
- Serving as a marketing liaison between government and industry stakeholders (e.g., equipment and component manufacturers, distributors, retailers, trade associations, energy efficiency advocates) to understand the challenges and opportunities for improving product efficiency
- Conveying complex technical subjects to non-technical audiences
- Staying current and connected with the targeted market, including trends, policies, key players, and more
- Contributing to the development and deployment of communications and outreach tools
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, sustainability, energy, or related fields
- 7+ years' experience in marketing. Specifically in energy-related marketing and preferably residential/consumer products
- Understanding of the residential HVAC/water heating market infrastructure and supply chain/market dynamics/players including utility programs as they relate to marketing.
- Experience in media, specifically managing advertising/sales campaigns, including digital media, direct mail, and web fulfillment
- Familiarity of the ENERGY STAR Brand
- Solid personal computer skills (Microsoft applications)
- Familiarity with the development/delivery of utility or other voluntary public-private partnership programs and market transformation initiatives
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and self-motivation
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, decision-making, and long- and short-term planning skills
- Ability to prioritize and work under strict deadlines
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative, and contribute as a team player
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and organizations
- Flexibility and a strong work ethic with sound business ethics
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Arlington, VA (VA31)