Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Economics Analyst
The Regulatory, Policy and Economics business at ICF supports primarily public-sector clients in the full range of economic and policy activities. We estimate costs and benefits, as well as the economic impact of regulations, policies, and programs. We also evaluate program effectiveness. We work with virtually all federal agencies; key clients include the Department of Homeland Security, Department of Transportation, Department of Labor, the Environmental Protection Agency, Department of Interior, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission as well as other federal, state and local agencies, and select non-profit and private-sector clients.
ICF seeks a Senior Economics Analyst to support the growth of our expanding Regulatory, Policy and Economics Practice. We are a $1 billion+ global consulting provider and work across a range of industries to make the world a better place through deep domain expertise, innovative thinking and technology. As a Senior Economics Analyst, you will help our Federal Government clients tackle challenging and meaningful projects that address the most important issues facing our society. Your expertise in transportation policy, economics, research, and sound objective analysis will lead to meaningful impacts on high profile policy-making activities.
This role can be located in the Washington DC Metro area or other locations (e.g., Cambridge, MA; Durham, NC). Travel to client sites, ICF offices and Conferences may be required once business travel resumes.
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving others' lives and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek to build a culture that encourages, embraces, and is inclusive of all dimensions of difference. This is an outstanding opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success.
What you will be doing:
- Partner and interact with Federal government Economists and other regulatory and policy-making program staff. Support work on short- and long-term domestic US projects.
- Analyze the costs, benefits and economic impacts of regulations, policies, and programs, including the evaluation of program effectiveness. Your work products will include written reports, memoranda, spreadsheet models, and PowerPoint presentations. A portion of your work products will be published for public comment in the Federal Register.
- Support Department of Homeland Security clients primarily, with opportunities to also support the Department of Transportation, Environmental Protection Agency, as well as other federal, state and local agencies, and select non-profit and private-sector clients.
- Effectively manage client demands that may include aggressive deadlines and complex deliverables. Deliver on client commitments, ensure excellence, and drive a customer satisfaction culture.
- Master’s Degree in Economics plus a minimum of 4 years of demonstrated related experience
- Demonstrated experience in one or more areas including: Regulatory Economics, Industrial Economics, Policy Analysis, Rulemaking, Cost-benefit Analysis, Economic Impact Analysis
- Interest or experience in working on programs or projects related to homeland security
- US Citizenship (required by federal government for this position)
- 3 years of experience managing databases or conducting analysis using one or more of the following: R, SAS, machine learning, or other tools/methods.
- Exceptional verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications and CRM tools (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, and TEAMS).
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)