Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Economic Mobility Consultant (REMOTE ON-CALL ROLE)
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference. Diversity & Inclusion, is simply who we are and what we do.
Senior Economic Mobility Consultant - ON-CALL/PART-TIME position
The Workforce Innovations and Poverty Solutions (WIPS) Team works to improve the conditions of America's most at-risk populations and provide strategic consulting support to workforce development agencies throughout the United States. WIPS has a broad portfolio of projects in human services and workforce development. We are seeking a senior staff member with expertise in human services policy and practice - with a particular emphasis in ECONOMIC MOBILITY AND WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT - to lead and/or support research, evaluation, and technical assistance projects in the domain. Our work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals the latitude they need to perform work that parallels their passions.
This is an part-time position with up to 15 hours weekly, with the potential for conversion to full-time status.
What you will do:
- Oversee and coordinate projects as a project director, project manager, principal investigator, and/or task lead, as needed.
- Deploy expertise to the benefit of human services and workforce development clients and those they serve, working collaboratively with team members to accomplish project goals.
- Mentor staff members in earlier career stages.
- Master’s degree in public policy, sociology, public health, economics, or related field
- At least 15 years of experience in human services/social safety net programs, economic mobility, energy security, state assistance benefits, and/or the public workforce system.
Additional Qualifications Required:
- Demonstrated experience working in human services training, technical assistance, research, and/or program evaluation.
- Experience in research methods, research to practice, and/or evidence capacity building, evidence review, and/or research synthesis.
- Exemplary writing and product development skills, with the ability to tailor products to multiple audience types and learning needs.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced, collegial, and geographically dispersed team.
- An orientation to unconditional positive regard, trauma-informed practice, and evidence-based decision-making in human services and workforce programming.
- A PhD in public policy, sociology, public health, economics, or related field.
- Documented experience building and facilitating cross-sector learning partnerships.
- Expert level understanding of adult learning principles and how to apply them in multiple settings.
- Expertise in at least one additional focus area: social determinants of health, equity, child support, food security, and/or inclusive employment practices.
- Experience in STATA, SPSS, R and/or Qualtrics.
Working at ICF
ICF is a global advisory and technology services provider, but we’re not your typical consultants. We combine unmatched expertise with cutting-edge technology to help clients solve their most complex challenges, navigate change, and shape the future. We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. Learn more about what we dohttps://www.icf.com/ and our commitment to inclusionhttps://www.icf.com/company/about/diversity-inclusion.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$100,034.00 - $170,058.00
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)