Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Drupal Developer
Senior Drupal Developer (Remote)
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
*We are open to supporting 100% remote work anywhere within the US.*
Provides application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project. Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications. Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software applications. Analyzes requirements, and maintains, tests and integrates application components. Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented.
ICF is looking for a senior Drupal developer who is intimately familiar with Drupal site building, custom module development, front-end/theming. In this highly matrixed, team-centric environment, you will need to have excellent communication skills and be responsible, self-motivated, and not afraid to ask for help.
In this position you will:
- Build, enhance, and maintain Drupal applications.
- Create custom modules and themes to provide rich end user experiences as well as comprehensive content management admin views/dashboards.
- Migrate Drupal 7 and 8 sites with complex custom modules to Drupal 9.
- Work on a variety of projects, for different clients, in different subject matter domains
- Participate in design and architecture discussions.
- Collaborate with user experience, content strategy, product delivery, and non-technical program management teams.
You will need:
- 5+ years developing responsive web-based applications.
- 3+ years developing PHP-based applications.
- 3+ years with Drupal, including migrating sites to new major versions and updating custom modules accordingly.
- 1+ years writing modules with OOP in Drupal 8.
- Ideally, you'll have examples of Drupal modules and themes you've written.
- Familiarity with 508 accessibility best practices.
- SQL knowledge. MySQL experience preferred.
- Experience with Git, Drush, Symphony and Composer.
- Familiarity and comfort in working in agile and waterfall development.
- Working knowledge of Drupal Ajax.
The following will also be useful:
- Experience using CSS Methodologies such as BEM, SMACSS, OOCSS, Atomic Design, etc.
- Knowledge of GitFlow methodology.
- Familiarity working in and with Cloud technologies like AWS and Acquia.
- Proficiency using PHP frameworks such as Symfony, CakePHP, Laravel, etc.
- Understanding of automated testing methodologies and best practices.
- History of Drupal core, contributed module, patching, and/or other Drupal community contributions.
- A Drupal username would be helpful.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
California Remote Office (CA99)