Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Director, Corporate Development
ICF is seeking a Senior Director in the Corporate Development group to help support the development and execution of the company’s M&A strategy. This highly-visible position is based at our corporate headquarters in Fairfax, VA and will report to the Senior Vice President of Corporate Development.
ICF (NASDAQ: ICFI ) is a global consulting services company with approximately 8,500 full- and part-time employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future. Learn more at icf.com .
This is an opportunity to join a team with a mandate to help drive meaningful growth for ICF. The candidate will be part of a central function within the Corporate Development organization. The goal of the team is to drive special projects including complex investments across various sectors, evaluating, and executing transformative M&A and investment opportunities for ICF, in addition to thought-leadership around ICF’s most strategic partnerships. The ICF Corporate Development function is a very active team and recently completed 4 acquisitions over the last 9 months.
- Evaluate potential M&A targets and support the development of M&A pipeline
- Conduct detailed research on potential M&A targets, including assessment of financials, corporate functions, employee skill sets and credentials, capabilities and solutions, client attractiveness, market dynamics and competitive environment
- Attend management meetings with potential M&A target leadership teams to gain deeper insights into their businesses as well as convince to convince them to become part of ICF
- Build detailed valuation models, including accretion/dilution, discounted cash flow, internal rate of return, return on invested capital, and weighted average cost of capital analysis
- Assess comparable company trading multiples and precedent transaction multiples
- Manage the formal due diligence process for potential transactions
- Refine due diligence request lists and scope of work for internal and external team
- Develop project plan and transaction timeline
- Serve as the overall project manager with responsibility for tracking progress against and ensuring timely completion of the due diligence scope of work
- Ensure collaboration amongst the cross-functional due diligence team and timely communication of potential risks and issues as they arise
- Work with ICF’s cross-functional team, including external advisors, to refine the business case and strategic rationale for potential transactions; synthesize due diligence findings; identify opportunities and risks; develop mitigation strategies; finalize the financial projections; refine the valuation model and transaction structure as necessary; and support the development of a high-level transition and integration strategy and plan
- Help develop the business case, due diligence findings, risks and mitigation strategies, financial projection model, valuation models, and proposed valuation, risks/issues for the potential transaction.
- Support presentation to ICF Executive Leadership, ICF’s Board of Directors and ICF’s lenders, as required
- Work with Operating Groups and Corporate functions to assess growth and profit drivers and trends, challenge assumptions driving projected financial performance, and develop realistic financial projections that drive the valuation models
- Maintain and expand relationships with investment bankers and private equity firms to ensure we receive relevant deal flow
- Help draft and review non-disclosure agreements, indications of interest, letters of intent, exclusivity agreements, purchase agreements, disclosure schedules, employment agreements, non-compete agreements, and the like in conjunction with ICF’s General Counsel, external legal counsel, and others as necessary
- Manage post-closing working capital true-ups, tracking of indemnification claims, and release of holdbacks or escrows
- Ensure best practices and procedures are in place for M&A due diligence and continue to refine and update any related documentation as necessary
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in finance, accounting, economics, or a related field
- Experience in corporate development, venture capital, private equity, investment banking or strategy consulting (ideally within the technology or professional services industry)
- Demonstrated quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including evaluating divestitures, acquisitions, carve outs and strategic investment opportunities
- Strong business development and contract negotiation skills
- Demonstrated success working in a cross-functional environment
- Master’s in Business Administration or Finance or Accounting
- Ability to independently identify and gather relevant data, do the required analysis (financial modeling skills are essential) and make fully considered but also very clear recommendations
- Ability to work well within a team and to be self-guided on a day-to-day basis
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Very clear written and verbal communication – including presenting to top executives – is essential
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, positive attitude, and constant desire to learn and grow professionally
- Self-motivated, highly organized, deadline oriented, and absolute commitment to see things to successful completion
- Unwavering ethical integrity, strong business acumen, inquisitive mind, and constant desire to challenge the status quo
- Exceptional attention to detail, strong process orientation, and continual desire to evolve and improve processes and work products
- Ability to always interact positively across all levels of an organization and show strong mutual respect for all colleagues
- Complete comfort with both leading and motivating cross-functional teams as well as rolling up sleeves
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to identify issues and risks and develop creative solutions to mitigate such issues and risks
- Exemplary financial analysis, modeling, and valuation skills
- Strong oral and written presentation skills
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)