Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Director, Community Development (REMOTE ROLE)
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference. Diversity & Inclusion, is simply who we are and what we do.
Senior Director, Community Development - Knowledge Management and Digital Solutions, Affordable Housing and Community Development
As a senior leader in ICF’s Housing and Community Development business portfolio, you will manage the strategic direction of our knowledge management (KM) practice. You will lead a dynamic team delivering knowledge management and digital solutions for clients at the US Department of Housing and Urban Development, with activities ranging from website design and development, to content management, communications and marketing, product development, and data visualization. You will lead the innovation that spurs top-notch user experience of our digital platform, spearhead growth and development efforts to provide opportunities for your team members, and support new business development. You will work alongside recognized experts in the field, contribute to ICF’s collaborative work environment, and empower the smart, committed, passionate team around you. As a senior leader, you will contribute substantially to nationally-recognized affordable housing, homelessness, and community development technical assistance. Affordable housing, homelessness, and community development challenges disproportionately impact historically marginalized populations. ICF is committed to advancing equitable solutions, and we strive to work in partnership with those most impacted by the systems creating these disparities. We strongly encourage applications from people who are representative of the diverse communities with which we work.
*We are open to supporting 100% remote work anywhere within the continental US.* Travel to the Washington DC areas to meet with clients and colleagues will be required, as permitted by public health protocols.
- Manage multiple complex work streams, including allocating resources, assigning staff, ensuring accountability for quality and effectiveness of product delivery, and enabling an end-user centric approach
- Coordinate with Task Leads to ensure the management of project teams’ daily activities, projects and tasks to focus on adhering to best practices, high standards, and on time delivery to the customer
- Own end-to-end accountability for program delivery by driving engagements/projects to successful completion
- Partner closely with technical leaders to support the delivery team, ensuring they have what they need to be successful
- Support effective communication and collaboration across the KM team, with other teams across the company, and with subcontractors and consultants, to engage the strongest possible teams to deliver results to our clients
- Cultivate a positive and inclusive workplace culture by inspiring and empowering the KM team, and identifying opportunities to recognize and celebrate successes, innovations, and exceptional contributions
- Identify opportunities for individual staff members’ growth, as well as identify and address technical, operational, and staffing requirements to support team growth
- Establish, grow, and nurture long-term, value-based relationships with senior client stakeholders, manage client satisfaction, and sustain ICF’s reputation
- Demonstrate industry-leading processes, best-in-class tools, and best practices to enable high quality service delivery and facilitate knowledge sharing
- Participate in complex negotiations and resolve conflicts
- Lead business development and proposal efforts to sustain the work of the KM team.
- Bachelor's degree, and 10+ years of experience working in the affordable housing and community development fields.
- Knowledge of a broad array of Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) programs
- Experience leading knowledge management and/or digital solution initiatives, and overseeing product roadmap, strategy, and end-to-end product delivery
- Experience successfully applying management skills in areas of client services, product delivery, financial management and budgeting, communication, and staff growth and development
- Proven track record leading and growing teams of skilled professionals, including successful hiring and retention, with demonstrated commitment to collaboration, transparency, diversity, and inclusivity.
- Understanding of agile software delivery and can motivate tech teams with creativity and enthusiasm
- Experience with and passion for the housing and community development field broadly, including an understanding of the housing-related challenges facing people with low incomes, and the programs designed to assist them.
- Technical expertise with learning management systems, content management systems, helpdesk software, marketing platforms
- Experience in a consulting environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead successful business development activities
- Experience effectively leading multi-functional teams of skilled professionals
- Ability to understand and articulate clients’ goals, conceptualize and implement products
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Experience effectively delegating responsibilities and supporting high-quality performance
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Excellent financial acumen and ability to manage financial systems
- Strong skills in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Teams, SharePoint)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)