Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior DevSecOps Cloud Engineer- Remote
We are open to supporting 100% remote work anywhere within the US.*
ICF’s IT Modernization division is a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial, technology department, seeking a Senior DevSecOps Cloud Engineer to support upcoming needs with our federal customers.
Our IT Modernization division is an information technology and management consulting department that offers integrated, strategic solutions to its public and private-sector clients. ICF has the expertise, agility, and commitment to design, build, and operate high-performance IT engines to support all aspects of our client’s business.
We are searching for a DevSecOps AWS Cloud Engineer to support a large, complex, mission-critical application for a federal client. This role will be remote as we continue to move through the pandemic, and the option to stay remote is available.
The ideal candidate for this role works closely with our development team to drive the transition of the application from an on-prem hosted environment to an AWS environment provided as an IaaS/PaaS solution by our client’s Federal Cloud team. This DevSecOps Cloud Engineer will help define the strategy for transition for both our development, test, stage, and production environments and work with agency counterparts and our on-prem DevSecOps team to plan and implement the transition.
In addition, this candidate will continuously maintain and evaluate our existing AWS-based Development Pipeline for improvement. The current on prem Development Pipeline is in the process of being transitioned to a pipeline that is provided by the client’s Federal Cloud team. To support that effort, our DevSecOps Cloud Engineer will collaborate and help define and implement the transition strategy.
What will you be doing?
- Work directly with our government client to continue to define and implement the transition to a cloud environment for our development, test, staging, and production environments.
- Identify areas where our application can be refactored to utilize tools and infrastructure provided by the IaaS AWS environment our application will have access to.
- Work closely with the government client and the Federal Cloud team to transition our Development Pipeline to the one provided by the IaaS team.
- Constantly analyze, evaluate, and improve the program’s Development Pipeline.
- Upgrade our Development Pipeline’s toolsets on a regular basis, as needed
- Work with our security team to provide updates to our deliverable security documentation based on infrastructure changes.
- Support cloud database adoption and work with our DBA team to plan, implement, and test a transition from Oracle to Postgres in RDS.
- Analyze and study complex system requirements.
- Collaborate with others to define and implement optimal solutions based on stakeholder needs.
- Apply, generate and document best practices in multiple technical domains using various products and services.
- Capture, share knowledge and lead the internal technical team’s adoption to enable a robust transition to the new DevSecOps environment.
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related scientific or technical discipline.
- Extensive experience with CI/CD tools, methods and processes, including development of multi-environment pipelines (e.g., Jenkins, AWS CodePipeline), Feature toggles, and Containerization/Orchestration, including Docker & Kubernetes
- Experience working with large teams in an Agile environment
- 3 or more years AWS experience, including some of the following:
- EC2, RDS, S3, CloudFront, DataDog, EKS, Helm, Jenkins, ECS, Fargate
- 3 or more years' operating on projects with all phases of application system development i.e., analysis, data modeling, application development and application maintenance support
- 3 or more years' operating on projects with systems that leverage RDBMS (ideally both Oracle and PostgreSQL) and PL/SQL
What we would like you to have:
- Working knowledge of Angular, Java, and Maven
- Experience with one or more automated testing frameworks (NeoLoad, Selenium, Browsertime/sitespeed.io)
- Experience coordinating and working under an ATO
- Familiarity with updating or maintaining SSP/SSSP documents
- Experience with ServiceNow
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Remote Office (DC99)