Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior DevOps Engineer (REMOTE ROLE)
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
Are you passionate about working for Government Health Agencies ?
This is an exciting opportunity serve HHS, CDC, NIH, Administration for children and families ( ACF)
What You’ll Do
- Design, build, and support high availability cloud application infrastructure
- Treat security as a first-class citizen, designing for it initially and considering it in every decision thereafter
- Deploy and support the deployment of the telemetry required to monitor applications effectively
- Ensure that the team has the tools it needs to effectively diagnose incidents as they happen and/or during later forensic analysis
- Establish yourself as a trusted advisor to clients as well as product and application engineering teams
- Design and implement CI/CD Pipelines
- Assist application engineers in supporting and maintaining their own CI/CD Pipelines
- Help other engineers level up their skills
- Work directly with stakeholders and team members to set and manage expectations throughout the life of the project
- Operate within an agile development process
About the Role
In this role, you can expect to:
- Support multiple applications teams
- Modernize existing infrastructure, tooling, and processes
- Be a voice in ongoing operational decision-making
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years deploying and operating highly trafficked, high visibility projects in cloud computing environments
- 3+ years automating CI/CD pipelines
- 3+ years deploying via one or more infrastructure management patterns, e.g., immutable infrastructure, canary deployments, blue/green deployments, etc.
- 2+ years writing infrastructure as code, ideally Terraform
- 1+ years managing and deploying Docker images to containerization platforms like ECS, Fargate, EKS, etc.
- A commitment to automation and uptime
- Experience architecting complex systems
- Expertise managing system interactions and integrations
- Expertise with networking protocols, tools, and troubleshooting
- An ability to problem-solve even in unfamiliar circumstances
- An ability to self-manage and communicate work priorities; DevOps work often involves collaborating on previously unknown problems
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the willingness to use them
- A strong sense of ownership and engagement
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- Must be able to capable of receiving a Public Trust level clearance
- As a contractor to the federal government, all hires may be required to complete additional background screenings at the time of hire or any time thereafter as requested
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Remote Office (DC99)