Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior DevOps Engineer ( AWS) - Remote
ICF is seeking a Senior AWS DevOps Engineer with a developer mindset and AWS (Amazon Web Services) experience. You will use DevOps practices and Cloud services to support our clients drive towards continuous delivery across a large portfolio of applications.
The ideal candidate should be innovative, forward thinking with mid/expert level knowledge of AWS DevOps strategies. In this role, you will focus on driving the evolution, development, and integration of automation tools like Jenkins, Terraform, Kubernetes etc. You will also be responsible for hands-on crafting and implementation of AWS environments.
- Build AWS solutions and be able to think holistically about engineering challenges and architecture.
- Automate system design and implementation in terms of Infrastructure Creation/Configuration and CI/CD.
- Develop Jenkins, GitLab automation scripts; develop Terraform and Kubernetes automation for application deployments.
- Work with multiple technology teams like Network/security/Dev teams in an Agile environment.
- Work with the application development to optimize AWS footprint, eliminate single points of failure, and achieve 24/7 availability.
- Willing to spend time and knowledge to evangelize the common practices and tools.
- Bring a positive attitude with you every morning and have fun
- Must be able to obtain a Federal Public Trust clearance per Federal contract requirement
- 3+ years of prior development experience on cloud-native web portfolios
- 2+ years solid experience with Python or Java Script
- Bachelor’s degree
- Hands-on on Terraform infrastructure automation and configuration
- Hands-on on cloud deployment using Docker, AWS ECS and AWS EKS and Elastic Beanstalk
- Experience in migrating Database and Schema Deployment
- Experience with serverless technologies and redefining legacy applications to the serverless architecture
- Strong background in Linux/Unix environments
- Understanding of automated deployments and different deployment strategies
- Demonstrated ability to implement a wide variety of open-source technologies and cloud services
- Basic experience with RDBMS technologies with some experience with NoSQL databases a plus
- Good troubleshooting and debugging mindset. Be able to provide immediate workarounds and long-term fix.
- At least one AWS Associate level certification (Solutions Architect, SysOps Administrator, or Developer) is highly preferred
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Texas Remote Office (TX99)