Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Data Science/Business Analytics Analyst
ICF provides a broad range of services related to Biomedical Informatics support for the Dept. of Health and Human Services (HHS) in the DC–metro area. We are currently seeking a versatile Senior Health IT Business Analyst specialized in Data Science, IT Requirements, and Business Analysis to support our client projects. This is a highly visible and dynamic position within projects and requires an individual with strong communication skills and can think strategically and execute tactically. This role requires delivery experience in business requirements, data collection and analysis, and high-level understanding of translating data into insights and concrete actions to enable better operational results.
Safety of our employees are our top priority, due to current COVID-19 safety measures, employees who can work from home, are required to do so. Once it is safe to resume standard practices of commuter travel and social interaction per government guidelines, we expect employees to maintain an office presence as required by projects needs and management leadership. This position requires being onsite daily at our client location in Bethesda, Maryland.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to develop and implement innovative approaches/solution through research and data analysis to address key business and operation needs.
- Develops advanced data and business analytics frameworks for client’s future strategic initiatives and facilitates business decisions, including key indicators to ensure results are measurable and sustainable.
- Performs explanatory data analyses, generates and tests working hypotheses, prepares and analyzes historical data and identifies patterns.
- Builds relationships and serves as a great advocate to the client. Communicates regularly with clients about project progress
- Initiates, elicits, analyzes, evaluates, and documents client business, system, and process requirements to support client’s strategic goals.
- Leads and conducts analysis of client business processes, functional requirements, workflows, gap analysis, and validate the information.
- Bachelor degree in Data Science, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Data Analytics, or related field. 10+ years experience in business requirements and data analytic supporting federal government projects in lieu of degree.
- Ability to collect, interpret, evaluate, and synthesize large amounts of data to develop appropriate conclusions and recommendations.
- Advanced competency in understanding business needs, develop predictive models, and deliver data-driven analytical solutions that solve client problems.
- Experience in requirements analysis, business process analysis, data analysis, system documentation, and testing in both Waterfall and Agile environments.
- Experience in data retrieval, data manipulation, data analysis, and presentation using tools such as Tableau, SQL, and Excel to derive insights from data.
- Knowledge of statistics and the scientific method, information classification techniques, and the ability to perform self-directed hypothesis-driven research.
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and solutions to non-technical people
- Master degree preferred.
- Possess positive attitudes and behaviors and contribute to a constructive team culture.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills and experience in client management, with sensitivity to complex organizational structures, varying cultures, and potentially conflicting goals.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)