Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Data Engineer (Remote)
** This role is remote; if in area near an ICF office, hybrid may be recommended.**
Our Public Sector Group (PSG) is growing and we are looking for a talented, highly motivated Senior Data Engineer to join our Engineering and Emerging Technologies (EET) line of business for supporting a large government contract in the DC metro area.
Responsible for the data engineering on a large-scale technical modernization project in accordance with contract requirements and company policies, procedures and guidelines. Strong experience in I.T. modernization projects. Has a good mix of data requirements and data engineering, and knowledge of I.T. modernization efforts.
What you’ll be doing:
- Support technical Data Warehouse/BI tasks for a major federal initiative, working as part of an extended system development team on project execution.
- Develop extract, transform, and load (ETL) processing routines and data feeds, creating necessary data structures and data models to support data at all stages.
- Perform extensive data profiling and analysis based on client data.
- Work with UI and business analysis team members and the client to define BI and reporting requirements.
- Design and implement custom data analytic and BI/reporting products, custom reports, and data visualization products.
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline)
- 8+ years of experience in SQL and/or Python coding language.
- 8+ year of experience with procedural, functional, and object-oriented programming
- 3+ years of experience developing database ETL environments with business intelligence applications
- 3+ years of experience with AWS database, analytics, and compute services such as RDS/Aurora, AWS Glue, and Lambda
- 3+ years of experience with data warehouse design and development with Amazon Redshift
- 3+ years of experience working with BI tools such as Tableau, PowerBI or AWS Quicksight
- 3+ years of development experience in a DevSecOps environment, with programming languages such as Java, Node, or Python
What we’d like you to know:
- Understand ETL concepts of data flow, data enrichment, data consolidation, change data capture and transformation
- Understand database concepts of referential integrity, indexes and keys and table metadata
- Demonstrated experience showing strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills paired with a desire to take initiative
- Knowledge of Big Data integration tools such as Hive, Airflow, Storm, Spark, AWS Kinesis, and Kafka
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines with tools such as Jenkins and CodeBuild
- Experience with containerization platforms including Docker
- Experience with Agile development process
Technologies you’ll use in this role:
- SQL, Node, Python, Tableau, Quicksight, Aurora, Lambda, Sequelize
- Aurora, AWS Glue, S3, RedShift, AWS Kinesis
- Git, Terraform, CodeBuild
- Must have excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, matrixed team environment, with a client-centric culture, and an environment of high performers.
- Must be able to multi-task and shift priorities as needed.
Why you’ll love working here:
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Employee support program
- Participation in charity initiatives
About ICF International:
ICF International (NASDAQ:ICFI) partners with government and commercial clients to deliver professional services and technology solutions in the energy and climate change; environment and infrastructure; health, human services, and social programs; and homeland security and defense markets. The firm combines passion for its work with industry expertise and innovative analytics to produce compelling results throughout the entire program life cycle, from research and analysis through implementation and improvement. Since 1969, ICF has been serving government at all levels, major corporations, and multilateral institutions. More than 4,000 employees serve these clients worldwide. ICF's Web site is www.icf.com
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award-winning talent development project, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EEO/AA – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities)
For a listing of other career opportunities at ICF, please visit our Career Center at www.icf.com/careers
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
$88,722.00 - $150,827.00Nationwide Remote Office (US99)