Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Data Engineer
** This role can be 100% remote, sitting anywhere within the US. Candidates will work standard Eastern Time business hours. We prefer candidates be in the Metro DMV area due to quarterly meetings.**
Our Public Sector Group (PSG) is growing, and we are looking for a talented, highly motivated Senior Data Engineer to join ICF’s Digital Modernization Division. ICF is seeking a highly motivated Senior Data Engineer to support digital solutions for a variety of Federal clients, including the Department of Labor. The Senior Data Engineer will support our projects by collaborating and working with a cross-functional team to deliver quality, innovative, and highly scalable applications to end clients. The ideal candidate will have prior experience working with cross-disciplinary teams.
You are a team player and can embrace ambiguity to translate client requirements using an agile delivery framework to deliver technical solutions that achieve mission value and measurable outcomes. You are a strategic problem-solver that has a willingness to learn and grow with our team and be part of our client’s digital transformation journey.
At ICF, we implement smart solutions to drive digital transformation at scale and speed, are relentlessly making sure it pays off for our clients, and are committed to helping them achieve mission outcomes. Join our community of mission-driven project managers, data experts, strategists, and technologists to build agile solutions that meet our clients changing needs.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead and develop data engineering design and build efforts for our client initiative, working as part of an extended system development team on project execution
- Develop extract, transform, and load (ETL) processing routines and data engineering pipelines, creating necessary data structures and data models to support data at all stages
- Perform extensive data profiling and analysis based on client data
- Work with UI, UX, and business analysis team members and the client to define data and reporting requirements
- Design and implement custom data analytic and BI/reporting products, custom reports, and data visualization products
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline)
- 8+ years of experience in SQL
- 8+ years of experience with procedural, functional, and object-oriented programming
- 4+ years of experience developing ETL, Python, and data engineering pipelines
- 4+ years of experience with database, analytics, and compute services such as AWS Glue, Redshift/Postgres/Snowflake, Lambda, etc.
- 4+ years of experience with a data lake, data warehouse/datamart design, and development
- 3+ years of development experience in a DevSecOps environment, with programming languages such as Java or Python
What we’d like you to have:
- Understand ETL concepts of data flow, data enrichment, data consolidation, change data capture, and transformation
- Understand database concepts of referential integrity, indexes, keys, and table metadata
- Demonstrated experience showing strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills paired with a desire to take initiative
- Knowledge of Big Data integration tools such as Spark, AWS Kinesis, and Kafka
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines with tools such as Jenkins and CodeBuild
- Experience with containerization platforms including Docker
- 3+ years of experience working with BI tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, or AWS Quicksight
- Experience with Agile development process
What you'll love about working here:
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- A diverse workforce that values equality and inclusion
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Friendly community with lots of social events
- Participation in charity initiatives
- Employee support program
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)