Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Contracts Manager - Flexible work locations
We are seeking a Senior Manager, Contracts to manage contracts and a team of contracts administrators in a growing and dynamic group with a portfolio that is predominantly commercial contracts, with some State and Local Government contracts. Ideally you will have experience in both commercial contract terms and contractual negotiations. Currently, our team is working from home but we are planning at least a partial return to the office in the fall.
A significant responsibility of this position is to lead our Contracts team in supporting our Energy Efficiency business. This business helps utilities and their customers achieve energy savings. Experience handling services contracts for consulting firms doing business with utility companies and/or with incentive or performance-based contracts is highly desired.
This is a great opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success. ICF is a purpose driven company with a strong culture and underlying values that prize diversity, opportunity, equality, and respect. Our core values include Embracing Differences, and we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages and embraces differences.
- Provide daily oversight and management to contracts administrators supporting mostly commercial contracts with some state and local government contracts.
- Guide project teams in understanding and mitigating contractual risks and in complying with RFP or other contractual requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Independently establish direct working relationships with senior account leaders and sales and project team members. Understand both strategic and operational goals and translate them into effective contracting practices.
- Hands-on full lifecycle contract support, including: (1) proactive strategic input on pricing and payment approaches; (2) review of business proposals and guidance on risk mitigation; (3) contract negotiations; and (4) problem solving. All should be consistent with sound business practices, company policies, customer requirements, and applicable regulations.
- Review and negotiate non-disclosure agreements, teaming agreements, contracts and subcontractor documents when ICF is a subcontractor.
- Identify items of risk to stakeholders (e.g., Legal, Tax, International Operations, Insurance, Data Privacy, etc.) and incorporate input into proposals and negotiations.
- Provide expertise in such areas as business conflicts, intellectual property rights, liability, acceptance, and warranty provisions.
- Provide oversight and assistance in resolving contractual issues that may arise in performance of the contract with a focus on mitigating ICF’s risk while meeting the customer’s needs.
- Delegate and manage workload among team members to ensure effective and efficient support.
- Manage, mentor, and motivate direct reports in understanding and interpreting contractual risks and requirements, helping them to develop and build upon their skillsets.
- Ensure maintenance of contracts documentation and compliance with system processes in accordance with established ICF practices.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree (or work experience equivalent)
- 8+ years of experience in contracts administration
- 3+ years of management/supervisory experience
- Experience with bids and responses to complex RFPs, RFQs, and RFIs
Additional professional skills/experience:
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple priority tasks effectively
- Solid skills with Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
What we would like:
- Experience with consulting firms providing services for utilities
- Experience with pay for performance or other incentive/SLA/penalty type contracts
- Experience with contract pricing
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)