Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Consultant - UK Evaluation
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for an experienced Senior Consultant to join a well-established practice within ICF that develops, analyses and evaluates UK Government policies and programmes.
Specifically, the role will be focused on evaluation projects and proposals for UK Government departments and agencies, including one or more of BEIS (evaluation of energy efficiency and climate change programmes), DCMS (evaluation of telecommunications and digital connectivity programmes), and DIT (evaluation of export and investment programmes).
We are looking for an intellectually curious and very well organised individual, with an ability to see the many dimensions of a policy problem and to engage and work with leading evaluation experts.
What you’ll get to do:
From day one, you will contribute to a diverse range of assignments by undertaking qualitative and quantitative research and analysis that impacts directly on public policy decisions. In parallel, we will provide you with the opportunity to develop your knowledge and skills further through excellent training and development support, structured career guidance systems, our mentoring programme, communities of practice and line management arrangements.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Undertake and oversee high quality primary research and data analysis as part of research and evaluation projects
- Lead proposals, including building teams, developing methodologies and budgets
- Manage project budgets, project teams including subcontractors, and the delivery of project outputs to a diverse range of clients
- Manage and develop junior members of the practice
- Build relationships with our clients to understand and address their needs
- Pursue business development opportunities and build networks and partnerships
What you'll need to succeed:
You thrive in a fast-paced environment. You have a wide range of interests and are quick to develop a nuanced understanding of complex issues. You have a proven track record in contributing to evaluations, impact assessments and/or research projects. You are self-motivated, independent, and able to manage a varied workload to deadlines without compromising quality. Your experience will have been gained delivering research work within the private consultancy market, UK Government or a regulatory agency, the European Commission, academia, or the third sector.
You will have:
- Relevant professional experience of a minimum of 5 years (Senior Consultant) or 8 years (Managing Consultant)
- Experience of managing and leading large and complex research and evaluation projects
- Experience in delivering qualitative and quantitative social research methods, and understanding of different evaluation approaches
- Experience of writing competitive bids or grant applications, including an ability to think through the methodological challenges posed by a research question
- Ability to write quickly and to communicate with others in excellent English
- Degree, Master’s degree or PhD in relevant discipline
- Experience in one or more of the policy areas mentioned above (i.e. BEIS, DIT, DCMS) would be an advantage
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
London Riverscape (GB75)