Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Consultant/ Manager – Energy Market Modeling
Do you enjoy understanding and working in rapidly changing energy markets? How about enabling project developers, financial institutions, and owners/investors to bring online generation projects that support the future of energy needs of electric grids?
ICF’s POWER MARKETS TEAM IS DOING JUST THAT!
In the last year, we have:
• Quantified the risks to wind developers in Texas of curtailment related to constrained transmission resources
• Forecasted value streams for battery storage in the western U.S.
• Supported the development of bids of an offshore wind project connecting in the Northeast U.S.
• Determined the value of conventional generation resources to system reliability in the Mid-Atlantic
What would you do?
You will be a key member of the U.S. delivery team. You will be primarily responsible for leading tasks and managing project teams to deliver solutions to identified client problems. You will use a variety of analytical and modeling techniques to develop forecasts of electricity market dynamics and to develop assessments of existing and proposed generation and transmission resources.
- Direct staff that perform advanced quantitative and economic analyses of energy markets and transmission resources, with a focus on North America
- Lead quality assurance efforts to ensure high quality work products
- Support team management to promote the effective use of resources across projects
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with ICF India and U.S. management
- Support and mentor junior staff to design and deliver work, to grow professionally, and to meet the strategic growth objectives of ICF's team
- Master’s degree, preferably in energy systems / electrical / mechanical engineering, but will also consider other engineering degrees, operations research, or economics
- 5+ years of work experience in energy market forecasting and analysis
- 5+ years of experience with nodal electricity market and transmission reliability analysis tools (e.g., PROMOD, PSLF)
- Strong analytical aptitude, experience with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Access)
- Experience overseeing staff for task delivery
- Ability to work with and understand technical concepts, while also being able to communicate them to varied audiences
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Experience with financial analysis
- Experience in a consulting environment
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting services company with over 7,000 full- and part-time employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future. Learn more at icf.com.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
New Delhi, India (II77)