Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Consultant - Education and Training
Location: Brussels, London, Birmingham
Are you interested in applying your knowledge and expertise in public policy in a practical and impactful way? Are you passionate about addressing big social issues of the day, covering education and training, employment, social inclusion, poverty, skills, migration and asylum, public administration, to name a few?
Our portfolio in designing and implementing large-scale programmes for the European Commission and UK government is expanding. To support this growth, we are looking for a Senior Consultant who is able to take forward the policy content and organisational aspects of our work, especially in the field of education and training.
You will join our Policy Implementation and Programmes (PIP) team which manages a spectrum of programmes, including the EQAVET Network, European Network of Graduate Tracking, and providing expertise and support for European Cooperation in education, training, youth, culture, sport, research and innovation, and mutual learning services on youth unemployment, minimum income, deinstitutionalisation and many other topics. Your work will be hands-on and varied, ranging from overseeing the preparation of thematic and analytical papers, identifying good practices in European countries and developing content for communication and dissemination purposes, through to supporting practical learning and networking in the form of working groups, workshops, study visits, seminars, etc. This is grounded in a solid understanding and application of the policy subject-matter, as well as an ability to interact with many stakeholders, such as national ministries, international organisations, non-governmental bodies, independent experts. This naturally requires a flair for good writing and communication in a multi-national environment.
Main responsibilities :
- Research, analyse and produce policy content in different forms. Examples include overseeing the preparation of thematic or analytical papers; and preparing case studies, good practice fiches, mapping and comparative exercises, monitoring and evaluation surveys, stakeholder interviews, etc.
- Prepare reports, presentations and other written deliverables for a range of audiences, from technical annual reports through to newsletters and website content.
- Lead or contribute to the design and organisation of face-to-face, virtual and hybrid events, supported by a dedicated event logistics and technical team. This includes developing elements of the agenda, taking notes and writing summaries, and facilitating event discussions.
- Lead or contribute to the organisation and support of other programme-related activities, such as working groups, secretariats, helpdesk or advisory services, communities of practice and expert networks and more.
- Contribute to proposal-writing and preparations, including writing sections of the technical offer, and identifying and coordinating with relevant experts.
- Undertake other consultancy tasks, as required.
- University degree or equivalent in education, sociology, public policy, politics, law, economics or a related discipline.
- Professional experience in consultancy, public policy and/or government affairs in the EU and/or UK – as an approximate guide:
- Senior Consultant – 6+ years;
- At Senior Consultant level, you will typically take forward and coordinate packages of activities and deliverables, as well as be more involved in project and line management and more complex proposal-writing, where opportunities arise.
- Knowledge and interest in education and training policy, ideally in relation to VET, higher education, graduate tracking and non-formal/informal learning.
- Strong organisational and coordination skills, including time management, multi-tasking and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid foundation in research and analysis, including basic qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including interacting with multi-national and multi-disciplinary stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical and presentation skills in English - additional European languages an advantage.
- ‘Can do’ attitude, with the ability over time to perform tasks with minimum supervision.
- Willingness to travel within Europe, as required.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
Brussels, Belgium (BE75)