Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Consultant - Education
If you are passionate about research and analysis of EU education policy and looking for a new opportunity that brings career growth, a chance to make a positive impact in an organisation committed to better public policy, this may be the role for you.
ICF has been supporting the development of EU education policies for almost twenty years. ICF work spans from fitness checks and meta-evaluations to impact assessments and cost-benefit analyses. In our years of working with DG EAC, we have delivered numerous ex ante, interim and ex post evaluations of EU funding instruments, strategies, policies and laws.
Growth in our business means we are looking for an experienced policy research consultant to contribute to our work. The successful candidate will contribute to our work in education policy delivering projects and writing winning proposals.
The core responsibilities of the role will be to:
- Supervise and conduct high quality qualitative and quantitative research and produce deliverables in different formats (e.g. case studies, mapping and comparative exercises, policy briefs, monitoring and evaluation reports).
- Support the delivery of consultancy work by administering and coordinating complex projects, involving the coordination of external experts and working groups.
- Prepare reports, presentations and other written deliverables for a range of audiences.
- Contribute to proposal-writing and preparations, including writing sections of the technical offer, and coordinating with relevant experts.
- Manage projects under supervision, to client satisfaction and within allocated time and budget.
- Take line management responsibilities.
- Accompany colleagues on site visits and participate in client meetings.
- Collaborate closely with other project teams, and external partners and stakeholders.
- A Master’s degree in social science for example: economics, sociology, psychology, political science, or a related discipline.
- More than six years of professional experience within the context of European social policy – preferably in the area of education.
- Proven experience managing projects and proposals, ideally at the EU level.
- quantitative), in
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical and presentation skills in English - additional European languages an advantage.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including interacting with multi-national and multi-disciplinary stakeholders.
- ‘Can do’ attitude, with the ability over time to perform tasks with minimum supervision.
- Willingness to travel within Europe, as required.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. Learn more about what we dohttps://www.icf.com/ and our commitment to inclusionhttps://www.icf.com/company/about/diversity-inclusion.
Brussels, Belgium (BE75)