Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Community Development Specialist (REMOTE ROLE)
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference. Diversity & Inclusion, is simply who we are and what we do.
Senior Community Development Specialist (Remote Role)
ICF seeks a self-motivated Senior Community Development Specialist to be an integral member of our technical assistance team leading capacity building efforts for U.S. Housing and Urban Development. You will be responsible for both leadership and supporting a wide range of technical assistance engagements, providing direct guidance to grantees or federal partners, and developing products and written materials designed to help improve the effectiveness of federally-assisted housing assistance, homeless services and the development or preservation of affordable housing rental projects.
*We are open to supporting 100% remote work anywhere within the US.*
What you'll be doing:
- Leading components of large and small technical assistance and training engagements assisting cities, counties, states, tribes and non-profit entities in the design and implementation of HUD policies and programs, with a large focus on the newly launched HOME-ARP (American Rescue Plan) Program – a grant initiative that funds housing production or preservation, rental assistance, supportive services, and the development of non-congregate shelter, to reduce homelessness and increase housing stability; and Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds – a program supporting state, territorial, local, and Tribal governments across the country in their response to and recovery from the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- Drafting written products, tools, and training resources to be applied within specific engagements and shared nationally to support local efforts to address specific challenges related to compliance with funding requirements, including the HOME, HOME-ARP, and SLFRF programs and long-term housing and community development solutions.
- Leading teams, budgets, project deliverables, communication with the TA recipient, and relations with HUD and other funders.
- Tracking priorities to ensure the completion of projects in an accurate, timely and cost-efficient manner.
- Providing advisory and consulting services to clients through training sessions, one-on-one conversations, and written products by applying techniques, concepts, and methods particularly related to housing and community development projects funded through HOME, HOME-ARP, and SLFR.
- Performing quality control on products and tools to ensure compliance with regulations and ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Implementing project implementation efforts to support state and local governments with the roll-out of local funding sources; tasks may vary but could include reviewing contracts, designing invoicing procedures, approving invoices, process mapping, and developing policies and procedures.
- Bachelors’ degree in Planning, Public Policy, Government, or related discipline. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5+ years of direct experience at the grantee level or with a consulting firm that worked directly with HUD-funded community development and affordable housing programs (specifically HOME, HOME-ARP, ESG, ESG-CV, or CoC) on program design, action plans, community building and public meetings and working with subrecipients and partners.
- Willingness to travel on occasion.
- Demonstrated knowledge of how affordable housing or homeless programs are implemented at the state, tribe and/or local levels, including successfully working with development community.
- Experience in cross cutting federal regulations such as the Uniform Relocation Act (URA), Fair Housing, Lead Based Paint, etc.
- Commitment to addressing racial disparities through inclusive and equitable system and program design.
- Asset management experience.
- Experience in developing and implementing project/team processes.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Leader and team player with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and consultants.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Teams).
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$62,113.00 - $105,593.00
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)