Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Community Development Specialist (Remote Role)
Senior Community Development Specialist, Housing & Community Development (REMOTE ROLE)
ICF seeks a self-motivated Senior Community Development Specialist to be an integral member of our technical assistance team supporting capacity building efforts for U.S. Housing and Urban Development. You must be a pro-active, team player able to work in a fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for supporting a wide range of technical assistance engagements, providing direct guidance to grantees or federal partners, and developing products and written materials designed to help improve the effectiveness of federally-assisted housing assistance, and community and economic programs.
What you'll be doing
- Coordinating components of large and small technical assistance and training engagements assisting cities, counties, states, tribes and non-profit entities in the design and implementation of HUD policies and programs.
- Drafting written products and tools to be applied within specific engagements and shared nationally to support local efforts to address specific challenges related to compliance with funding requirements and long-term housing and community development solutions.
- Supporting the management of teams, budgets, project deliverables, communication with the TA recipient, and relations with HUD and other funders.
- Tracking priorities to ensure the completion of projects in an accurate, timely and cost-efficient manner.
- Under the tutelage of senior leadership, providing advisory and consulting services to clients through training sessions, one-on-one conversations, and written products by applying techniques, concepts, and methods related to a particular field of specialization
- Performing quality control on products and tools to ensure compliance with regulations and ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Bachelors’ degree in Planning, Public Policy, Government, or related discipline. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 3+ years of direct experience at the grantee level or with a consulting firm that worked directly with HUD-funded community development and affordable housing programs (HOME, Opportunity Zones, Moving to Work).
- Demonstrated knowledge of how housing and community and economic development programs are implemented at the state and/or local levels.
- Experience with housing financing or public housing a plus.
- Experience in developing and implementing project/team processes.
- Project and personnel management skills and experience.
- Willingness to travel on occasion.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills;
- Team player with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and consultants;
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions;
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Teams);
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities;
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences; and
- Comfort with a remote team environment.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)