Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Communications Specialist, Energy | Hybrid
Senior Communications Specialist, Energy | Hybrid
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
You’ll make a real impact working with our energy clients to address and solve key their key issues, drive change, and grow our business. As our next communications specialist, you’ll work in lock step with our agency’s leaders and our federal clients to research, develop, and implement innovative strategies and programs revolving around energy, sustainability, and cybersecurity to help them achieve their mission.
We’re searching for our next senior communications specialist – a proven writer and multi-format communicator to work within our energy sector. You are passionate and knowledgeable about pressing issues like the future of the U.S. electrical grid and using technology to positively impact climate change. You are a strong writer, excellent project manager, and are driven by deadlines. You have a keen eye for details and bring creativity to everything you do. Experience in energy and the environment is a plus.
- Support the account lead and project team.
- Develop communications products (presentations, overviews, program summaries, web copy, diagrams, illustrations, etc.) for an integral Department of Energy office.
- Support the creation of high-impact communications artifacts (e.g., website content management, slide library, documents, blog postings)
- Develop concepts and strategies to support the client’s strategic communications goal and objectives, offering recommendations and plans based on past experience and success!
- Project manage complex communications campaigns and announcements with minimal supervision.
- Coordinate with government officials, subject matter experts, technical experts, and industry thought leaders on energy communications materials.
- Work with the teams supporting the contract to ensure projects are completed on time and within scope; frequently leading projects and tasks independently, from start to finish.
- Handle weekly and monthly client reporting.
- Employ the full range of communications tools including digital, social, visual, presentations, and written remarks.
- U.S. citizenship (contractual requirement)
- Ability to obtain a public trust clearance (contractual requirement)
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience
- Demonstrated experience delivering communications materials to explain and describe complex, research, scientific, or engineering concepts.
- Experience within the energy, sustainability, and/or cybersecurity sectors
- Public relations or ad agency experience, or experience working within a communications department of an organization.
- High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities with minimal oversight.
- Experience working comfortably in a demanding, deadline-oriented environment.
- Energetic, self-starter, and resourceful problem solver; can-do attitude and willingness to jump in where needed.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate holder or pursuing PMP certification.
- Experience working with cloud-based project management platforms such as Smartsheet and Trello
- Experience managing and leveraging SharePoint and Microsoft Teams for collaboration.
- Microsoft Office expertise and skills (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
This role will be primarily remote with the expectation of occasional days spent at the client site.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$85,153.00 - $144,760.00
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)