Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Communications Specialist
ICF is seeking a Senior Communications Specialist, Cyber to support the Office of Advanced Cyberinfrastructure in the Computer and Information Science and Engineering (CISE) Directorate at the National Science Foundation. This office supports the development, acquisition, and provision of cyberinfrastructure resources, tools and services essential to the advancement and transformation of science and engineering. Your work will contribute to enabling the U.S. to uphold its leadership in computing, communications, information science and engineering. You will support an office that promotes the understanding of the principles and uses of advanced computing, communications, and information systems in service to society and support advanced cyberinfrastructure that enables and accelerates discovery and innovation across all science and engineering disciplines.
This role is based in Alexandria, VA. This is an opportunity to contribute to an important project from its beginning, work with the latest and emerging technologies, and all while building a great career at ICF!
- Lead and support an advisory committee through two annual two day meetings
- Support biweekly planning meetings with advisory committee members
- Support meeting logistics, outreach, engagement, agenda, minutes, and after-action report
- Lead communications activities within the CISE Directorate
- Reinstate monthly webinars that highlight a grantee each session, presentation plus Q&A
- Develop monthly newsletter with Department Office Director
- Support the creation of a strategic communications plan
- Work with the IT and scientific community to write review analysis
- Create Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and templates for the proposal process
- Perform analysis on why some proposals are declined
- Review outreach, recruitment, and engagement
- Master’s in Communications or other relevant field. Equivalent experience and/or certifications are acceptable in place of Master’s
- 8+ years’ experience in leading communications strategies and channels, including webinars and e-newsletters
- 8+ years’ experience in event management, including planning, day-of support, and post-event activities
- 8+ years’ experience in managing communications efforts for research projects such as on a large research team, or experience providing this kind of support to government funding agencies
- Familiarity with research, project and program management
- 5+ years’ experience in project management/proven business acumen in managing complex projects and budgets
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office specifically, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote Calendar and schedule management using Outlook
- Proficient with agency collaboration tools; Zoom, OneDrive ,Microsoft Teams ,BoxSlack, Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience with automate and innovate
Nice to Have:
- Communications experience in the Cyber market
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)